Best Anti Spyware Software

I have now went with Malwarebytes(thanx to BestTechie.nets' Youtube channels advise) for anti malware, but i'm pretty sure it isn't the same for anti spyware! What do you most of you guys(and girls) use and what do you think is the best one to use?

**Sorry if there is a topic for this already. I've searched and searched and couldn't find one so I went ahead and made this one!

I pay for the full security suite Panda AV Pro 2009. I also use the Opera browser, OpenDNS plus a hardware firewall. For those occasions that I must use Internet Explorer or Fireflop I find that SpywareBlaster is a decent program for blocking malware attacks against them and their related browsers. Once a month I run the online scans from Panda just to double check.

You will find many different opinions about what is best. Everyone has their own setup that they feel comfortable with. The best way to stay clean is safe surfing habits.

• 4 weeks later...

Threatfire Is also a good suppliment to you Anti-Virus also catches some spyware if it has virus like actions. Just remember to shut it off when installing aps it may block them from installing.

What do you guys think about using Threatfire with Avast!? Both are capable of detecting malicious behavior will it ad much more protection?

Preston

Edited by rhema7

I've always been under the opinion that two are way worse than one.

1. There are unknown conflicts that occur between antivirus software.

2. They will produce such a load time on your machine that you might as well have a virus. Don't nortonfy your machine. Just use Avast. Although I've worked on machines where Avast failed to catch viruses and Trojans that have slipped through, so currently I'm installing MBAM on all of my clients machines and teaching them how to update it and to run it twice a week.

2. They will produce such a load time on your machine that you might as well have a virus. Don't nortonfy your machine. Just use Avast. Although I've worked on machines where Avast failed to catch viruses and Trojans that have slipped through, so currently I'm installing MBAM on all of my clients machines and teaching them how to update it and to run it twice a week.

Threatfire is very light and is not a traditional Antivirus. I can increase the effectiveness of your primary AV but there are no stats on the % of increase on the site as with McAfee and some other lesser used AVs. My load time did not change on the Win7 test machine nor did system usage become a problem. But if the increase in effectiveness is not above 5% not sure if it is worth it. Site claims a 15% increase with McAfee more with others.

Preston

See as I've used a bunch of AV's, and dealt with users who use everything from Norton, to Avast, to AVG.

I've had all of these computers where the computer still managed to become infected with malware. And the AV scanners picked up nothing. So these users had no clue they had trojans and adware on their computer. However, every time, Malwarebytes picked up what the AV missed.

I am a major supporter of malwarebytes.

1. It doesn't run constantly in the background.

2. It is extremely effective and has gotten all malware that the top AV scanners miss.

3. The quick scan is roughly 2 to 5 minutes in length.

4. Updating is really fast, and is really easy to do.

5. Malware signatures are updated very regularly.

Believe me. If you are looking for realtime protection, Avast is your best bet.

However if you just want to keep malware off your machine, just run a malwarebytes scan twice a week and make sure to update before each scan.

Additionally the first thing all online forums (Besttechie, Bleeping Computer, etc.) all advocate first scanning with MBAM.

Edited by darthvader

Threatfire is very light and is not a traditional Antivirus. I can increase the effectiveness of your primary AV but there are no stats on the % of increase on the site as with McAfee and some other lesser used AVs. My load time did not change on the Win7 test machine nor did system usage become a problem. But if the increase in effectiveness is not above 5% not sure if it is worth it. Site claims a 15% increase with McAfee more with others.

Preston

Isn't that put out by the same outfit that puts out the Free Spyware Doctor?

Preston

Isn't that put out by the same outfit that puts out the Free Spyware Doctor?

They definely have the same GUI designer if it is not the same company.