Matt, it is obvious you will spin anything to favor Obama and/or look bad on Bush. Do you realize this? (hey, its hard to see our own bias sometimes)

Besides, you were how old when Bush took office? I don't expect you to remember ANYTHING from that point in time :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, it is obvious you will spin anything to favor Obama and/or look bad on Bush. Do you realize this? (hey, its hard to see our own bias sometimes)
And it seems like some will spin anything to favor Bush and/or look bad on Obama. I'm just adding my opinions to the discussion ;)

Besides, you were how old when Bush took office? I don't expect you to remember ANYTHING from that point in time :D

Attacking the person rather than the argument doesn't negate the opposing point of view. It is called an ad hominem argument, Bubba Bob. A classic error in logic on your part. A debate can only work if you counter the claim made. Making fun of Matt does not diminish his argument.

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the source making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Hiest, I am very aware of what an ad hominem is. That was not the case. I, very tactfully I might add, simply noted that the bias is very obvious. I try to be very fair In my thinking, but often times realize my opinion is differed on a subject because of a personal bias. I have been called out before, and took a serious look around.

Matt may want to do the same. If you, Hitest, think I "attacked" anyone, please have a look around also.

Yes Obama admitted to making a mistake. But only after taking a beating from the press. It is obvious that he "admitted to making a mistake" not on principal, but because of the negative poll numbers regaurding this issue. Is this a bad thing? No. I wouldn't expect anything different. However, using this as a way to bash Bush is just low.

In fact, speaking of diverting the subject, what about posting that video clip and attacking Bush? Was that not a great diversion of subject? And yet you chose to call me out? Hehe B)

Edited by Bubba Bob
And it seems like some will spin anything to favor Bush and/or look bad on Obama. I'm just adding my opinions to the discussion ;)

I hope that they change the constitution so that Obama can stay president for life.

I have emailed congress and suggested that on 20Feb they hold a huge tourchlight parade in Washinton to comemerate the first monthly aniversery of his rising to power.

I am very aware of what an ad hominem is. That was not the case.

Oh?

Clearly you were making an attempt to divert the argument away from Matt's claim that Bush didn't admit to making mistakes. You were making fun of Matt's age, trying to discredit him, attacking an aspect of the man, not his argument. Hence my claim of ad hominem is true. I'm okay with the fact that you can't admit that you made an error in logic.

I find it refreshing that Obama admits to making mistakes. It is a nice change. :) I am old enough to remember every year of the Bush presidency. He only admitted to a few errors in the last days of his presidency.

Once again you say I "attacked" someone. I guess my logic in thinking that someone can't accuratley recall the beginning of the Bush presidency when they were (im guessing here) around 11 at the time is wrong?

Now, once again, he diverted attention away from Obama by immediatly attacking Bush. And yet you want to directly call me out? :rolleyes:

And further more, I have responded to the subject at hand, but you didn't respond to that. Instead you insist on furthering the notion that I have "attacked" Matt.

You disappoint me here Hitest.

I find it refreshing that Obama admits to making mistakes. it is a nice change.

Admitting a mistake after a blood bath by the press and a drop in approval rating is "change"? Seems like the same old same old to me.

What does a Liberal bias on my part or Matt's part have anything to do with the facts at hand? Bush never admitted to making mistakes until his last days in office. Obama has admitted to an error in the first weeks of his presidency. We don't need to spin anything. :)

Obama has admitted to an error in the first weeks of his presidency. We don't need to spin anything.

Obama admitted it only after being beat down by the press and losing how many points in the polls? It was a stunt pure and simple. Again, there's nothing wrong with it per say, it's something any politician would do. However, he ran on a "change" platform - this is not change. Just goes to show America was tricked into beleiving "change" is coming by a politician from Chicago! CHICAGO! LOL!

Cheers. :D

What does a Liberal bias on my part or Matt's part have anything to do with the facts at hand?

There are no facts at hand. Only one issue with several different view points. A liberal/moderate/conservative bias has EVERYTHING to do with 'it' :whistling:

I do find it interesting that Obama can try to get criminals into his cabinet and when called out he says he is sorry and he is a hero. But if any other leader does similar the jokes and name calling would be all over the media, Leno and letterman and CNN would have a field day.

My guess is if Bush or even Clinton said sorry I made a mistake they would now be heros also.

"ad hominem"... thanks for the Latin lesson. It goes well with my Latin lesson from a couple of weeks ago by the California DMV: 'caveat emptor' (buyer beware) when I found out I was responsible for a previous owner's stop payment on a check for $97.00 on some truck fees.

I think President Obama is finding out as JFK did: "When we got into office, the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as we'd been saying they were."

- John F. Kennedy

I pray for this country and for the world at large; and for this President who aspires to heal a great wound in the American psyche... May he live up to his dream.