Infranview <--- an excellent in depth piece of freeware for editing pictures, very lite and very highly rated

Foxit Reader <--- Way way way lighter than adobe will ever be. A great one to have.

Media Player Classic <--- Plays all your DVD's and video files

Open Office <--- A great replacement for the Microsoft Office

Abbi word <--- have only heard great things about this word processing freeware.

Foxfire <--- Explains itself

Glary Utilities<--- A good all in one program

Advanced System Care <--- Another great optimization program and all in one

Pagefile Defragmenter <--- A must have Microsoft Powertoy

IOrbit Smart Defrag <--- best system defragmenter available

NT Registry Optimizer <--- very light and does a good job

All Around Tweaker <--- Tweak UI

Save Open Office, most of that other crap isn't needed. There are apps to speed this, tweak that, defrag that, adjust this, but in the end you wont tell much of a difference. A clean computer with minimal running programs is all you need. No headache, no hastle, no problems.

BTW, Welcome to BT, Bob. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bubba Bob

Lol I've been here before but was banned lulz. But thanks for the second welcome.

I do have to disagree, especially on the defragmenters. You're computer won't shutdown and stop working if you don't have them, however, you do see significant speed improvements from using the defragmenters.

The others aren't needed parsay, but the others are excellent applications to enhance your computer experience.

Also see customization software Thread I created.

Lol I've been here before but was banned lulz. But thanks for the second welcome.

Would you like a second goodbye? I meant what I said when I banned you last time.

Lol do you want an OS war? I'm willing to fully defend Windows XP

Keep it to yourself.

B

In terms of "Shaping up" Do explain where I'm at fault. I fail to understand you're threats.

Anyways its not like "banning" really means anything anyway. It's just a way for people to throw around the imaginary weight they think they have.

Everyone knows that there is a negative correlation between your online persona and real life.

So do explain where I'm out of shape.

Linux:-)

Lol do you want an OS war? I'm willing to fully defend Windows XP

And I'm willing to defend Vista :P Actually for all my older systems XP is great, but my latest build hated XP. It refused to run right with XP but under Vista x64 it's great. Go figure.

Anywho, I noticed you had Media Player Classic up there. I'll do ya one better:

Combined Community Codec Pack. Comes with every codec you'll ever need for video plus it comes with Media Player Classic Homecinema and the free version of Zoom Player. I personally prefer Zoom Player. I like its interface more. Basically the CCCP will allow you to watch almost any type of video (though it's main purpose is H.264 playback) but works for most players as well. It'll work in WMP, DivX, Winamp and naturally the players it comes with but again, I prefer Zoom. In my opinion, DivX is too unstable, I don't like how Winamp handles video (I only use it for audio), and I just flatout don't like WMP at all.

There's also:

VLC Media Player. It too offers H.264 playback but doesn't function as well as the CCCP does in that task BUT it does play DVD's and takes screenshots and that's why I have it too.

In terms of "Shaping up" Do explain where I'm at fault. I fail to understand you're threats.

Anyways its not like "banning" really means anything anyway. It's just a way for people to throw around the imaginary weight they think they have.

Everyone knows that there is a negative correlation between your online persona and real life.

So do explain where I'm out of shape.

Alright, since you want to play this game - I'll play for a little bit.

By shape up I mean read and follow our terms of use - it's quite simple. If we feel you've broken it (which you have in the past numerous times) we're entitled to terminate your account. If you're able to follow the terms of use and not cause flame wars by all means stick around.

As for banning you, I don't wake up in the morning and think I'm going to ban person X today. In fact, we've only banned one other member from this forum aside from you and spam bots. Just goes to show you how we don't abuse our power here.

And on one last note, "Everyone knows that there is a negative correlation between your online persona and real life." - so you're not really a giant douche in real life? :)

B

"Just goes to show you how we don't abuse our power here."

Since the terms of service as I understand it ban members who disagree with the admins.

"giant douche"

Wow way to not embarrass yourself there :)

Anyways back to this forum topic which has been sufficiently trolled out of context.

Please do list some more freeware which is of value.

I agree, VLC player is excellent, however there is a full codec for classic, hold on let me find it. kk I got it.

K-Lite Codec pack (full)

Give CCCP a shot. It's typically the choice of most fansubbed anime viewers (and others) on Windows (there are no Mac or Linux versions). According to most of what I read, it is considered a better pack (I never actually used it cause I was already using CCCP by the time I had heard of it). I had friends on Honda-Tech (in the Anime Megathread) that were complaining that they couldn't get some of their videos to play right and we asked what they were using. They said K-Lite, we instructed them to use CCCP and problem solved. It's also on AnimeSuki's homepage as the recommended Codec Pack for fansubs as well.

Edited by Honda_Boy

That sounds good to me Honda Boy, I'll give it a shot. Personally I don't have that big of a need for it right now, but if its better I'll replace it just cuz.

Also I have a tool that I just found for all the uber - techies out there to use. It's extremely useful. I'm sure some of you have heard of HUD's rainmeter.

Well this Avedesk, Rainmeter, and any other widget program on steroids.

You can literally take updated text (school delays, closings, stock quotes, status updates, etc.) and put that updated text on your computer. There's no need to browse for it. It'll be on your comp and will update at whatever intervals you want or just on an Alt + R (or any other hotkey combo)

Also its scripted base so its incredibly lightweight. Right now its paging (1,640 K) It doesn't use CPU except when you update. At that it peaks for me at 5%

It's very hard to use but with some fiddleing you'll get it pretty easily.

http://www.samurize.com/modules/news/