Latest Foxmarks Add-on For Firefox Tackles Password Backups

Latest Foxmarks Add-On for Firefox Tackles Password Backups

Erik Larkin

"If you're among the multitude of people who rely on the Firefox browser to remember their Web site passwords (and there's no denying that I am), here's something you might like. The latest version of the popular, free Foxmarks add-on now has a feature for synchronizing and effectively backing up the passwords that your browser stores, in much the same way as it does for your bookmarks.

It's dead simple to set up Foxmarks so that whenever you add a bookmark to your browser at work, the new addition will also be automatically synced to your browser at home, and vice versa. For example, if you install Firefox on a new PC, you can install the add-on and give it your Foxmarks account information; and all of your usual bookmarks will be available almost immediately. You can also log into my.foxmarks.com to view and organize your saved bookmarks.

Password syncing works in much the same way--except, of course, that passwords are much more security-sensitive than bookmarks. So I did some investigating to make sure that the company had taken the proper precautions. My conclusion: It appears to have done so."

Full story here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/155432/late...rd_backups.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>