the jews have all the latest weapons including neuclear

and i saw on tele the palistinians

throwing stones

and the occasional

rocket fired at will

hope this is a good start to this forum

as it is world news

marty

Yes. I am following the mid-east escalation with a lot of concern! Obama is certainly stepping into a hornet's nest as he becomes president next month. I hope that he does well. Obama is such a calm person he may ,with the help of Secretary Clinton, be able to get the two sides back to the table.

We should just let Israel blow Hamas off the face of the Earth. It's time for us to allow the Middle East to wipe each other out. Once that is completed then we can erase the winner from existence.

The way things are going you may get your wish, TT_75. The escalating violence and saber rattling on both sides is disconcerting.

It will take some skilled diplomacy to de-escalate this dispute; I hope Secretary Clinton is up for the daunting task ahead.

A lot can happen between now and January 20th. I hope that Secretary Rice can do something about this mess!

The worlds problems as I see them date back to the years immediatly after second world war with the Palestinian repartitioning and with the British pulling out of India creating a problem in areas like Kashmir. Then the French in Vietnam, and etc etc.

With the British and French removing themselves from most of the world and the collapse of the Soviet Union the United States is now inserting itself into these countries in much the same fashion, economically with western buisnesses; military, with more than a hundred countries with US troops and bases and politically, with many puppet regimes sponsered by the US.

So really, at the moment the US is the only country that can stop the conflict in this theatre. Isreali nukes are believed to come from the US, as do alot of the funding and weapons. When you think about it, they can solve the problems instantly, but suprisingly, nobody wants to as everybody has alterior motives.

The uncoordinated rock throwers and pitifull groups like Hamas are met with airstrikes, missiles, machine guns, and tanks which all cost money. Alot are made in Isreal/USA by Irsaeli/American companies.

So why stop the killing? It's damn good buisness, right?

We as Americans are expected to help. If we don't we get pulled in from an Alli which is assisting or from the jokes called NATO and UN.

I say we tell them all to get $crew3d and sit back and wait for them to finish each other off. But that can't happen as we are descendants from every country out there fighting.

Thats what the USA is paid to do. Countires allow US ships and planes into their territory for this reason. Like Saudi Arabia gets weapons, technology and an alliance for allowing US troops in their borders. This speeds the US communications and logistics to suit the end needs. Its like psudo-colonialism.

I guess one of my many concerns about letting them finish each other off is that the situation could escalate and go very bad. That is, Israel will never sit by and let themselves be beaten. When attacked, they always hit back five times as hard. But, if things go bad for Israel they are a nuclear armed country. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
Yes Marty, I agree. It's about time that the Jewish problem was solved,

one way or the other.

I dont' see that happening in our lifetimes with entire countries, large religious blocks, many militant groups and millions of individuals believing in their heart and souls that Israel and Jews should be wiped off the face of the Earth. How is THAT going to be dealt with?

"Will Obama continue financial aid to Israel?(US aid in form of $3 billion annual arms package)..........." = http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3659726,00.html

"Civilised nations must wage war on Israeli terror. UN officials are beginning to speak of "war crimes" being committed by the Israeli leadership in Gaza. Activists around the world have also said that these are "crimes against humanity" and that the international law should be brought to bear on those responsible. If the former Bosnian Serb president Radovan Karadzic and others can be tried for war crimes, why not those responsible for the crimes against humanity in Gaza?" = http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Fri...icle/index_html

Edited by sultan_emerr
  • 2 weeks later...

Not surprising the New York Times calls it "disproportionate".

A Hamas spokesman, Taher Nunu, said Olmert's threat was an attempt by Israel to "find false pretexts to increase its aggression against the people" and to undermine Egyptian efforts to mediate a long-term cease-fire.

"False Pretext"?

Give me a break. The Times is a joke.

The use of buzz phrases like "disproportionate response" and "war crimes" isn't going to solve a thing.

Is it possible no one truly wishes to resolve this conflict for good? Does it serve some purpose without which people would have to deal with problems they wish to ignore?

History shows the only resolution to ongoing conflict is the utter conquest of one people or idea over another. Are we so unwilling to accept a permanent solution that we're resigned to having an infinite war?

The use of buzz phrases like "disproportionate response" and "war crimes" isn't going to solve a thing.

Is it possible no one truly wishes to resolve this conflict for good? Does it serve some purpose without which people would have to deal with problems they wish to ignore?

History shows the only resolution to ongoing conflict is the utter conquest of one people or idea over another. Are we so unwilling to accept a permanent solution that we're resigned to having an infinite war?

I agree with you that it would be best to have a final solution to the jewish problem in the Middle East. I see that the authorities are now looking into that situation, in spite of attempts by certain groups to divert attention by beating up on old straw-dogs like Tarek Hussein Farid = "International Criminal Court to consider Gaza investigation. The Palestinian Authority and others want the court to investigate alleged war crimes committed during the recent battle with Israel." = http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...0,6059347.story

I agree with you that it would be best to have a final solution to the jewish problem in the Middle East.

You're going to keep doing that until someone complains, aren't you?

I see that the authorities are now looking into that situation, in spite of attempts by certain groups to divert attention by beating up on old straw-dogs like Tarek Hussein Farid = "International Criminal Court to consider Gaza investigation. The Palestinian Authority and others want the court to investigate alleged war crimes committed during the recent battle with Israel." = http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...0,6059347.story

The ICC has no authority in Israel.

... The Palestinian Authority and others want the court to investigate alleged war crimes committed during the recent battle with Israel." = http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...0,6059347.story

They wouldn't be stirring up that hornet's nest if The International Criminal Court wasn't anti-semitic. Raining rocket-fire on Israel for decades, how is that NOT a war crime? Blowing up women and children for decades, how is THAT not a war crime? Having a government charter that calls for the genocide of the entire population of a country, if not throughout the world, how is THAT not a war crime? Wasting time and money fighting a so-called "enemy" while your people suffer, THAT is a war crime (umm, no need to compare that to recent events in the U.S.).

• 1 month later...
maybe if they made peace those silly bloody

palastinains would

stop throwings stones at the israelis

marty

Israel has made concession after concession after concession after concession, repeatedly sat on their hands over the course of decades while rockets rained down on their civilians, only fighting back when the rockets started causing too much damage and killing too many Israelis and citizens of other nations within their borders. The only "peace" acceptable to the people committing those acts of war against Israel would be for all Jews to leave the Middle East: It's in their charter, their leaders say it, their civilians say it.

Are you saying Jews must leave the Middle East?

Israel has made concession after concession after concession after concession, repeatedly sat on their hands over the course of decades while rockets rained down on their civilians, only fighting back when the rockets started causing too much damage and killing too many Israelis and citizens of other nations within their borders. The only "peace" acceptable to the people committing those acts of war against Israel would be for all Jews to leave the Middle East: It's in their charter, their leaders say it, their civilians say it.

Are you saying Jews must leave the Middle East?

Agreed. The only thing that Hamas respects is a show of strength. I truly hope that Secretary Clinton can achieve peace, but, I doubt lasting peace will happen. At this point in time the best we can hope for is an uneasy detente.