Pages Slow To Load Or Close

I looked at my favorites and found that when I right click START, and explore, I find a favorites file under several listings;

Administrator

Administrator.Robert Heitmeyer

All users

All users.Windows

Default user

Default user.Windows

R Heitmeyer

Robert Heitmeyer

This does not seem normal, All lists are not completely the same, however I did not check this closely. Is this normal? Can I merge them? When I start IE I just use what pops up, no user name or password.

• 4 weeks later...

Having an older system/OS myself I have another thought: Web sites use many more "bells and whistles" than they used to and that might be slowing things down ... a lot. One quick test would be to turn OFF ActiveX, Java and Scripting (Internet Tools, Security, Custom Level, check or uncheck the pertinent boxes -- or whatever it takes with your OS version). You won't be able to actually USE most web sites after this, but if your tabs close instantly again at least you'll know the delay is your older system/OS trying to deal with intense web site trickery.

On my Jurassic-era system pages with YouTube content can take up to ten seconds to close.

-----

Edited by JDoors