Greetings all,

I have a problem at work. We use a dos program in the lab where I work. The reason my boss keeps it around is because it is totally customizable, and does exactly what we need it to do. It is a good program. The problem is that it is difficult to find a printer that can print from this program. We are using a brother printer that is no longer made, and not available. My question is where can we get a printer that will work with this program? or, I have seen programs that are advertised on the net to work with dos, and is this the way to go? My boss wants to do something soon before the year ends, so not much time left. At work we use XP pro. And the program is called professional file. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

sadly you wont Nativity. you can pipe to the print command or write a wrapper in powershell or some other scripting language. do a screen capture

but the truth is access or openoffice base (Free) would be better replacements for the software he is using.

if this is for a business he may want to change to keep up with E-discovery rules. it would be sad to loose your business because your old dos flat file database can not be traced correctly encase of a law suite.

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.co...1151013,00.html

truth be told mysql and Ruby or django would be better options as then your forms would be web based. for a business this is a much better solution, even for companies with only two employees, as you don't have to play the where is the file game and who has it open.

Warning self advertisement take with grain of salt :thumbsup:

This is one of the things my company does for small companies, take old database and their forms and move them to more manageable systems both legally and administratively.

As we do not even truly like Access or Base for information that is important

end advertisement