Howdy guys, i am having problems with my Lexmark X1100 all in one printer/copier/scanner.

When i go to print something it gives me the option of how many copies i want, i set it to 1 but when it starts coping it gives me 3 copies.

Any one got a suggestion how to fix this ??

Thanks

Chuck

Hi Pete, yes i change where it asks how many copies, i click 1 but when it starts coping the page it will give me 3 copies and when i go back to the how many copies it has changed to 3 by itself !

So i am ready to give this the toss, but i'll try your suggestion of uninstall and reinstall as soon as i get time.

Thanks friend !

Chuck

So, when you print from a computer it does things correctly; but when you do a copy from the machine you get to many?
Have you tried redoing the setup on the machine?
You know, where you configure the fax number etc?

Does it have a reset button like a router?

I know that just unplugging it for a few minutes won't wipe the memory ; it will remember settings and things like Fax number, and options.

Looking at the manual

http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/x1100/eng/ug.pdf

I suspect that the settings on the computer supercede any on the machine itself.

So try changing the copy settings in your All In One Main Page on the machine (page 8 of the manual)

See Page 29, answers to copy troubleshooting. The computer must be on ? That to me indicates that settings on the computer override those on the machine itself.