Deleting Temporary Internet Files

Is the ATF Cleaner similar to the Secure Shredder built into Spybot S&D?

As a side note, I use CCleaner and have yet to encounter a problem with it on Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit) and Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (64-bit), and that goes for whether I'm using the file or registry cleaners. However, it is not a piece of software I would go insisting everyone use because I blindly believe that it is 'perfect' and will never cause problems. The fact that persons do have bad experiences with it obviously proves otherwise.

http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html

http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25

"ATF-Cleaner.exe was once upon a time just my personal temp file cleaner. There became a need for a good temp file cleaner that could do the job safely and without removing files that are crucial to windows, so I decided I'd share it with the public."

ATF is a new, freeware, temporary file cleaner for Windows, IE, Firefox and Opera with a simple, easy-to-use interface.

The main screen allows the user to either clean all temporary files, or select files for cleaning. The program also knows if Firefox and or Opera is being used, and gives the option of cleaning the temporary files associated with those applications.

ATF Cleaner provides the user with a window showing the total bytes freed upon completion. The program is small (36kb), quick to run and no installation required.

Chiefly, the difference is it does not include a "registry cleaner" which is where most folks mess up with cccleaner (letting it clean everything it finds rather than verifying that the item is indeed causing a problem and is in fact "incorrect" and not just different than what cccleaner expects to find).