Post Your Desktop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all so dull I can't believe no one here has some class.

I can't do a screenshot to sum up my Desktop so I made a video for you. :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Incase we can't embed on this site (I'm new):

Here's the link:

I personally don't feel the need for all those gizmos. I just like having object dock to clean up the desktop some. Other than that, the Vista Aero setup is all I need though I do wish there were more 3rd party themes compatible with Vista Aero. I used to use 3rd party themes all the time with my XP installs, though I tended to use the same blood red theme most of the time.

Anywho, new background for my desktop FINALLY. I had that Soul Eater one forever. I may wind up going back to it cause so far, it's probably been my most favorite wallpaper. We'll see how this ef - a tale of memories wallpaper works out.

chihirooutline.jpg

.... Vista 64-bit runs infinitely faster on this rig than XP EVER did. XP ran terribly. I reinstalled it twice in hopes it'd run better but no. Things took forever to open, slow response from a lot of stuff, and instability of programs was prevalent. Vista 64-bit, everything opens faster, responds faster, and the system is way more stable. I've never had XP run so bad on any of my other systems but Vista is perfect on here. Plus DirectX 10 Crysis gameplay. Can't do that in XP at all.

Plus, you can customize Vista in similar ways to XP and get a similar look to yours I'm sure.

That article is old (relatively) and I installed Vista long after that article was written. So far, my system has proven infinitely more stable on Vista 64-bit SP1 than it ever did on XP 32-bit SP3. I've never had a single program crash in Vista 64-bit but had various crashes in XP 32-bit. Now, this system was slow and unstable on Vista 64-bit BEFORE the service pack but after the service pack and many updates were released, I reinstalled it and never looked back. And again, after the updates, all my programs loaded faster than XP 32-bit as well. FF3 always had a delay in opening in XP but opens instantaneously in Vista and ditto with any of my Office 2007 apps. In fact XP on this rig was so bad that my laptop using Vista 32-bit loaded Office 2007 apps faster (Desktop: Athlon X2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 RAM, GeForce 8800GT, Laptop: Celeron 440M, 1.5GB DDR2 667 RAM, Intel 945G).

So far my rig has proven itself to run better with Vista 64-bit and nothing will change that. I still have my XP installation on another hard drive and I guarantee you it'll take longer in just about anything.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I can probably find about a million more articles that are recent that say the exact same thing.

There is a reason SP3 for XP was released after Vista was already made. There is also a reason that the business world doesn't switch to vista. Articles aren't just being randomly written for fun. Vi$ta = fail

It's like an overweight version of the MAC without the useful stacks.

Here:

http://www.lockergnome.com/blade/2007/11/2...hich-is-faster/

http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget....310591,00.html#

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_g...i=209757,00.jpg

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1332 (Page 4 is results)

"OS A is better than OS B" arguements are stupid. This thread is about posting screenshots, not debating which OS is better. If you want to do that, start a new thread. If that new thread becomes a flame war, it will be closed.

Understood mr. moderator. I really didn't intend it to turn into a flame war or an OS war. It was more to explain that my OS was actually an xp OS because from the video you can't really tell what it is.

Made some new icons for my external drive shortcuts and moved them to the ObjectDock. I'm quite pleased with them. Just cropped some images and made vector icons all in the GIMP. I'll play around with making other icons. It's actually pretty easy to do.

newicons.jpg

I spent money on myself and didn't feel guilty but regretted the heck out of it. Dropped $633 a new laptop (a crapload for me) and DESPISED it. I despised it so much I spent $100 to fix my old laptop and went back to it. Now I can't get anyone to buy it on TennSpeed for $500.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...