I know it is mere beta testing but so far I'm not impressed. Perhaps it is just getting use to the navigation. It is spartan in appearence with a few cool features under the hood but it will take a browser handed down from the hand of God to replace Opera in my heart.

What has been your experience?

Preston

PS I'll be intrested to see what Googlebot has to say about Chrome

Oops I mispelled Chrome in the heading. Man I feel stupid wish I could delete and start over.

Could one of the Mods fix the spelling please my wife should be the only one that thinks I'm stupid.

thanks

I know it is mere beta testing but so far I'm not impressed. Perhaps it is just getting use to the navigation. It is spartan in appearence with a few cool features under the hood but it will take a browser handed down from the hand of God to replace Opera in my heart.

What has been your experience?

Preston

PS I'll be intrested to see what Googlebot has to say about Chrome

Oops I mispelled Chrome in the heading. Man I feel stupid wish I could delete and start over.

Hi Rhema7.

Not sure if you saw it, but these Chrome posts are over in the "Open Chat" forum.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe
Fixed the title. ;)

By the way leave the post it's fine. :)

B

Thanks I have been flustered by so many software tests I have finger dyslexia Plus I just had to tranfer my Yahoo music account to Rhapsody feeling uneasy they never explained how long the current price will remain "for a limited time" that means nothing I wanted to know when I will go from $23.95 per quarter to $35.95.

Sorry Rabbit trail

"maybe I sould not use flustered to explain my state of mind it is kind like a man being giddy. Just something men don't do."

I think Chrome is a nice, quick browser, its fast... once it can do JAVA and then have plugins, on windows it will be one of the better browsers.

but I am waiting for a Mac and Linux release. that will be the test.

but the point of Chrome is to allow Google to control a rendering engine, and with it being open source it means Fire Fox will pull in its java script improvements.

but the point of Chrome is to allow Google to control a rendering engine, and with it being open source it means Fire Fox will pull in its java script improvements.

Perhaps. TraceMonkey appears to slightly faster than V8 at the moment. (And, interestingly enough, SquirrelFish seems to be very close.)

is traceMonkey part of Fire Fox 3 or only from the SVN

FireFox is fast, but opening sites next to each other, Chrome (V8) seams to render the page and start running the java script before Fire Fox, and much faster then IE8. but that may be a difference in spinning tabs to their own process and not the actual rendering.

is traceMonkey part of Fire Fox 3 or only from the SVN

It's in Firefox 3.1.

FireFox is fast, but opening sites next to each other, Chrome (V8) seams to render the page and start running the java script before Fire Fox, and much faster then IE8. but that may be a difference in spinning tabs to their own process and not the actual rendering.

AFAIK WebKit is faster than Gecko.

with my browsing habits, Chrome isn't any faster, in fact slower in many cases than FF3.

And as I stated in the thread in open chat and the Off-Topic thread on TennSpeed, the theme it uses drives me up a the wall cause I prefer dark colors and I have a blood red theme FF3 integrates into while Chrome does not.

So I get these when i open them

Pleasant (to me):

ff3.jpg

Makes me want to punch babies:

chrome.jpg

Chrome is also missing my favorite keyboard shortcuts, the bookmarks are weird, and well, I just flat out don't like the interface. The multi-threaded thing is kinda cool but I just don't care. The plus I have to give it though is the fact that it uses less memory. And it starts up faster.... on my mom's 1.3GHz Celeron, 256MB RAM system on XP SP3. On my Athlon X2 6000+ with 4GB of RAM, they open about the same.

But as I've said, it's a beta. The final release may be infinitely better.