I recently bricked a machine with combofix. I ended up reinstalling the OS, at the time it was the most efficient way to solve the problem. If this happens again in the future I would like to be prepared. I noticed combofix creates a full registry backup. I am assuming that with the recovery console, you can use this backup to repair your system. Is their any documentation on how to do this?

I have a hunch this info is documented on one of the restricted areas(for staff and students) of some of the main malware removal web sites. I don't know why this info is not easy to find. It must be used on a regular basis.

Thanks for the help. I was really getting agitated that many people on this board knew the answer but for some reason were not sharing it. I thought the internet was to share information, not keep certain info from certain people.

The funny thing is any one can download and run combofix, but only special people are able to know how to repair it.

Thanks again Chuck, YOUR help was appreciated :-)

Thanks for the help. I was really getting agitated that many people on this board knew the answer but for some reason were not sharing it. I thought the internet was to share information, not keep certain info from certain people.

The funny thing is any one can download and run combofix, but only special people are able to know how to repair it.

Thanks again Chuck, YOUR help was appreciated :-)

Good luck with this shanenin, I hope they can help you! :) Bricking another computer would be a real PITA!

Howdy shanenin, they would like to find out why or if it was Combofix.

Can i give them a link to your post ??

Of course, this is an open forum for anyone to read and comment.

By the way, who are "they". Do you mean Combofix developers or Admins at this forum?