Today, I'm Listening To ...

... a Sabbath song more to my taste now-a days.

I'm going to go out on a limb and, without even check the video first, guess that "Sabbath" isn't a shortened version of "Black Sabbath." ;)

:blush: Too true :rolleyes: . I used to listen to Ozzie and "Black Sabbath"; and heavy metal and progressive rock in general quite a bit. Now my preference is gospel music (hence "Sabbath" music). I've downloaded all my church's hymns by the 'Mormon Tabernacle Choir' on my mp3 player... at least all those allowed by copywrite... and web surf with either the hymns playing or Direct TV's channel 856 music in the background (which consists of what has previously been described as elevator music, LOL .

... who'd a'thunk that certain hymns would be disallowed for downloading for general use ? A favorite of mine that is disallowed is "Let the Holy Spirit Guide". Guess I'll have to buy it on CD somewhere (sigh). I especially like to hear or sing that song when I feel my spirits lagging.

bobbynichols

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... what has previously been described as elevator music, LOL . ...

bobbynichols

I still remember the EXACT moment I knew life would never be the same (eg, I'm officially "old"). I remember being, literally, on an elevator, though I don't remember where, and the "elevator music" was an instrumental version of a Janis Joplin song.

Hey! I used to "party" to music like that! Now it's ELEVATOR MUSIC?!?

Of course with advances since then "new" music gets played all the time, but back then it was quite a shock to hear it.

Re: Gospel music. I can certainly understand the power if it. Some of it can bring me to tears. Not a lot of popular music can do that. Some, but not a lot.

Today: Just the radio again. Gettin' lazy I guess.

I remember when I realized I was old. Cadillac commercial featuring Zeppelins Rock & Roll.

I'm almost-but-not-quite used to saying, "Hey, I have that on CD," during commercials now. And, what worries me just as much, I like the new Cadillacs! Oh noes!

-----

Today it's "I Love The 70's and 80's," starring; Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Eurythmics, Heart and Michael Jackson.

• 2 weeks later...

Not listening to anything at the moment but the clack of keys and and the whir of fans and hard drives at the moment but I'm thinkin of settin up a playlist on either the laptop or the desktop (probably laptop, I got speakers on my headboard) to go to sleep on. Which brings me to a question.

What do ya'll like to listen to to relax or calm yourself? Something that just mellows you out and makes you feel better. Me, I tend to listen to my lighter Jpop stuff. Stuff like most of the Shakugan no Shana theme singles from the likes of Kawada Mami and KOTOKO, the most recent Soul Eater ending theme single by Nishino Kana, the theme singles to Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (Haruka Nogizaka's Secret) by Himemiya Milan & Chocolate Rockers and the cast, and the ToLoveRu theme singles by Anna and Thyme.

I'll give a few examples:

Kawada Mami - Hishoku no Sora (this is only the TV version)

KOTOKO - Being (I managed to not only find a video with the full version, but with complete English Lyrics)

Nishino Kana - Style

Anna - Kiss no Yukue

BUT when I'm pumped and ready rock:

Spoken was my second choice ... ahh, Vedder and his infamous enunciation!

Still remember some skit show (Mad TV?) where they had each cast member come out as a "new" artist, and each and every one sounded exactly like Vedder (a commentary on the "sameness" of the current crop of crooners) (I like the alliteration of that ... Current crop of crooners, current crop of crooners, current crop of crooners ... :D ).

I've had a rough week, this was my "Friday" at work and I came home, collapsed on the couch and said, "Oh My God."

So, Pink and Oh My God :

That's the first time I've seen that performance ... err ... It might be a little TOO sexy!

Playlist for a lazy Sunday afternoon (no particular theme, but a lot of techno in the middle):

Pink, Try This

Rabbit In The Moon, Floorida

Robert Miles, Dreamland

The Prodigy, Music For The Jilted Generation

R.E.M., Automatic For The People

Still remember some skit show (Mad TV?) where they had each cast member come out as a "new" artist, and each and every one sounded exactly like Vedder (a commentary on the "sameness" of the current crop of crooners) (I like the alliteration of that ... Current crop of crooners, current crop of crooners, current crop of crooners ... :D ).

Remember that skit well nailed the "90" music scene perfectly.

Thanks to itunes genius I'm listening to A Fine Frenzy :huh: don't ever remember putting them in itunes.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of new aquisitions:

Coldplay, Viva La Vida, or, Death And All His Friends

And:

Les Paul & Friends, American Made, American Played

The Les Paul album has almost two dozen guest artists; Sting, Joss Stone, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Edgar Winter, Noah Hunt, Sam Cooke, Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton, Alsou, Billy Gibbons, Neal Schon, Beth Hart, Jeff Beck, Richie Sambora, Buddy Guy, Keith Richards, Rick Derringer, Johnny Rzeznik, Steve Miller, Joe Perry, Mich Hucknall & Keny Olson.

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed a potpourri off the "C" and "D" shelves:

Cat Stevens, Teaser and the Firecat (Man; Tuesday's Dead, Morning Has Broken, Moonshadow, Peace Train, wow, what an album.)

The Cranberries, No Need To Argue (Ode To My Family, Twenty One, and ... Zombie! Zombie! Yes, Zombie!)

Death Cab for Cutie, Plans (I Will Follow You Into The Dark!)

Don Henley, I Can't Stand Still (You Better Hang Up, Dirty Laundry and The Unclouded Day ... that last is apparently a "traditional" hymn, Willie Nelson among others have done it, but it seems the authors change depending on who does it ... I don't get it.)

Dog barking...

My wife's idiot basset hound, "Poop", barks when my wife leaves the house and sometimes, like today, keeps barking until she gets back. Nasty surprise for "Poop" though when wife gets back... a fresh battery for the shock collar... it gives a mild shock to the doggie if she barks. Unfortunately the batteries don't last very long... [sigh], and the collar has to be positioned j-u-s-t right.