As i have stated before, I know some VB. I might be able to help. Another almost completely useless and lame programming skill i took on was to program my calculator....haha. but it actually comes in handy sometimes...it has saved my grade many times! though im sure nobody will want to know about that...

p-ta

'almost completely useless and lame programming skill i took on was to program my calculator'

well, that's easily argued both for and against...

for: you may need to shoe-horn your code and data into a small memory space - such skill might be handy programming in an embedded environment, even today. not all computers are PC-types with gobs of RAM and hard drive space available.

against: if you code for MS, you might not care about how bloated your program is...

well, shut my mouth! - no i's not a MS programmer.

for: you may need to shoe-horn your code and data into a small memory space - such skill might be handy programming in an embedded environment, even today. not all computers are PC-types with gobs of RAM and hard drive space available.

There are still a lot of PCs that don't have gobs of memory. Or rather, they do have gobs of memory, but not enough. Anything that discourages people from treating memory as an infinite resource is fine by me.

(I'm still angry that I can't get anything to run in less than 12KiB under Linux/IA-32. Darn you paged memory!)

Edited by jcl

haha

actually, today was great. i had my math exam today, and didnt fail because of my....uhh....excellent programming skills with the TI-83. I had some left over time after the exam, and i succesfully made a screen that looks like a ship traveling thru space. (Black screen wth white dots going down the screen)

p-ta ;)