Help,,help,,help,, Yep Its Ne Again Missy

:rolleyes: hey,long time no hear,lost addy to you

i do not have vista ,and i rebooted my comoputer and now i can't read hardle anything on the srceens at all even in email,

yes i went rt click on desktop screen and it didn't do any bigger ,,,,

so i webt to IE and clocked on settings to lower the dpi ?and it will not let me go anylower to sent the printing any bigger ,,,,so helpppppppp-p please,and love to all of you

missy51633

please hurry so i can see this thing and my glasses are only 4 weeks old and i saw screen before i rebooted

Howdy Missy, see if this will help.

In IE look in the upper right hand corner of your browser is there 2 >> A's with an arrow under them ?? If so click it and see if you have the option to make print larger or smaller. It should give you the options of larger,largest,medium,small and smallest, check the one you would like.

Let me know if that helps ??

Chuck

Howdy Missy, see if this will help.

In IE look in the upper right hand corner of your browser is there 2 >> A's with an arrow under them ?? If so click it and see if you have the option to make print larger or smaller. It should give you the options of larger,largest,medium,small and smallest, check the one you would like.

Let me know if that helps ??

Chuck

chuck i cannot find any 2>> as you are describing in IE,,,maybe im looking in wrong place,do i go to tools to do this ,or do i open ie and look there,it only shows what upgrades in it box about 6x7 size or do i click on the whole page???

iam assuming that the briser is where you type address at when looking for something? there is no little 2>> s om page anywhere

thanks missy51633

i do not have vista ,and i rebooted my comoputer and now i can't read hardle anything on the srceens at all even in email,

so i webt to IE and clocked on settings to lower the dpi ?and it will not let me go anylower to sent the printing any bigger ,,,,so helpppppppp-p please,and love to all of you

missy51633

please hurry so i can see this thing and my glasses are only 4 weeks old and i saw screen before i rebooted

Hi missy. First I see Antonio (Pro driver) posting on G4 Tech support, and then find you here. Good to run into old friends after such a time.

First , what do you mean by "Reboot". Do you mean you just shut down and restarted your computer? Or do you mean you reinstalled windows?

If you reinstalled windows, then chances are you need to reinstall your video card drivers. Do you know what video card you have? Nvidia or ATI? If not , we can use Everest Home edition to figure it out.

If you justshut down and restarted and suddenly things are the wrong size and won't change, then it probably means that the video card driver got corrupted.

There are several approaches.

One is to go to start => programs => accessories => system tools => system restore

Click "Restore my computer to a previous state"

choose the most recent date for which there is a restore point from before this started (the restore points should be bold )

It won't alter your data , emails, or pictures; just restore the drivers, registry , and windows files that were in use back on that date.

Another approach is to go to control panel => system => hardware => device manager

Locate "Display adapters "

Click the + to expand and write down what it has listed there (so if we need to find drivers we know what we are looking for)

Then select your video card (ask if you have questions ) it will probably be nvidia... or Ati... or Intel....

and click "remove"

this will uninstall the drivers for it and remove its entry from the list of installed hardware.

Now restart your computer and windows will detect it, and search for the best drivers it can find (at which point it should find the backup copy ) and install them. Then the right click on the desktop=> properties => settings should work.

Also, to change the text size in Internet Explorer ( and many other browsers) just hold down the CTRL key and move your scroll wheel on your mouse . One way makes text larger, one makes it smaller.

When you get the size you like, release the ctrl key and close the browser and reopen it and it should remember that setting.

missy51633

Hi missy. First I see Antonio (Pro driver) posting on G4 Tech support, and then find you here. Good to run into old friends after such a time.

First , what do you mean by "Reboot". Do you mean you just shut down and restarted your computer? Or do you mean you reinstalled windows?

If you reinstalled windows, then chances are you need to reinstall your video card drivers. Do you know what video card you have? Nvidia or ATI? If not , we can use Everest Home edition to figure it out.

If you justshut down and restarted and suddenly things are the wrong size and won't change, then it probably means that the video card driver got corrupted.

There are several approaches.

One is to go to start => programs => accessories => system tools => system restore

Click "Restore my computer to a previous state"

choose the most recent date for which there is a restore point from before this started (the restore points should be bold )

It won't alter your data , emails, or pictures; just restore the drivers, registry , and windows files that were in use back on that date.

Another approach is to go to control panel => system => hardware => device manager

Locate "Display adapters "

Click the + to expand and write down what it has listed there (so if we need to find drivers we know what we are looking for)

Then select your video card (ask if you have questions ) it will probably be nvidia... or Ati... or Intel....

and click "remove"

this will uninstall the drivers for it and remove its entry from the list of installed hardware.

Now restart your computer and windows will detect it, and search for the best drivers it can find (at which point it should find the backup copy ) and install them. Then the right click on the desktop=> properties => settings should work.

Also, to change the text size in Internet Explorer ( and many other browsers) just hold down the CTRL key and move your scroll wheel on your mouse . One way makes text larger, one makes it smaller.

When you get the size you like, release the ctrl key and close the browser and reopen it and it should remember that setting.

Hey Pete how are you boy!!!! oh its been so long to have heard from you,,,and yes i have already tried the ctrl thing and nothing happens ,,will try the other a little llater,,i had to reinstall windows and nothing is working real good yet

so i'll be back and yes already registered at the 2 groups you're on

will be back have to go gotta plat

wait for me

love missy51633