My Computer Is Screwed (slow And Unresponsive)

so 2 days ago i tried to install windows xp service pack 3 through my updates on windows

halfway through install i got an access denied window and install failed

computer got sluggish so i did a system recovery to an earlier date and comp was somewhat back to normal

_

today i decided to attempt to install win xp sp3 again

so i disabled antivirus, turned off firewall like ive seen on some sites

i come back and see it failed once again and i dont know why

_

my computer was screwed up really bad after the restart it was slow, sluggish, and not very responsive, it kept getting frozen

so i did another system recovery

after that took a longer time than usual my omputer is still slow and sluggish and freezes frequently

before all this my computer ran fine and fast with no problems

a day before installing sp3 i installed all sims 2 expansion packs and ran them fine with no problem, but did this add to the problem???

_

i dont know whats wrong with my computer

or why i cant install sp3, i really dont have to but i dont understand why my computer shuoldnt be able to install it

how do i fix my computer?

what are my options if i want to fix my computer incase i have done something in the past?

_

my normal computer uses are music, internet browsing, watching videos

my antivirus is nod32 2.7

my computer specs are as follows

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 SP 2

HP PAvilion

Pentium 4 CPU 2.8 GHz

512 mb of RAM

do i have to upgrade anything on my hardware?? or software???

so 2 days ago i tried to install windows xp service pack 3 through my updates on windows

halfway through install i got an access denied window and install failed

computer got sluggish so i did a system recovery to an earlier date and comp was somewhat back to normal

_

today i decided to attempt to install win xp sp3 again

so i disabled antivirus, turned off firewall like ive seen on some sites

i come back and see it failed once again and i dont know why

_

my computer was screwed up really bad after the restart it was slow, sluggish, and not very responsive, it kept getting frozen

so i did another system recovery

after that took a longer time than usual my omputer is still slow and sluggish and freezes frequently

before all this my computer ran fine and fast with no problems

a day before installing sp3 i installed all sims 2 expansion packs and ran them fine with no problem, but did this add to the problem???

_

i dont know whats wrong with my computer

or why i cant install sp3, i really dont have to but i dont understand why my computer shuoldnt be able to install it

how do i fix my computer?

what are my options if i want to fix my computer incase i have done something in the past?

_

my normal computer uses are music, internet browsing, watching videos

my antivirus is nod32 2.7

my computer specs are as follows

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 SP 2

HP PAvilion

Pentium 4 CPU 2.8 GHz

512 mb of RAM

do i have to upgrade anything on my hardware?? or software???

Some antivirus etc, when disabled leave the permissions on registry keys and system files and folders "locked" so you get an access denied error when you try to install SP3. If you have one of these antivirus applications, then you have to install SP3, with it on and pay careful attention since it will briefly pop up a window asking if you want to allow the change. If you do nothing the antivirus will block it and you get the access denied error.

I know bit defender does it from personal experience.

Likewise, other registry protection schemes can cause this.

The copy Of SP3 may have gotten corrupted in the DL have you tried downloading the IT version? when sp2 came out

I tried to do it through Auto Update and got errors galore I downloaded the IT professionals version and had no problems.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en