Why Did Bitdefender Crash My Pc?

I downloaded BitDefender's Trial and when i restarted PC after installing it , my PC crashed and stopped working . i unplugged my PC and booted again many times but same thing happened. I have 256 MB RAM and processor speed is 1.70GHZ . Then i booted in safe mode and restored system with system restore . Although my PC is fine now but i want Bitdefender. Can anyone tell me why did my PC crash? (I am not having any other antivirus which can cause conflict)

Also ,I might not be able to reply for 1 week because i have to go out of station this evening.

Thank-you everyone.

Edited by k0oL
I downloaded BitDefender's Trial and when i restarted PC after installing it , my PC crashed and stopped working . i unplugged my PC and booted again many times but same thing happened. I have 256 MB RAM and processor speed is 1.70GHZ . Then i booted in safe mode and restored system with system restore . Although my PC is fine now but i want Bitdefender. Can anyone tell me why did my PC crash? (I am not having any other antivirus which can cause conflict)

Also ,I might not be able to reply for 1 week because i have to go out of station this evening.

Thank-you everyone.

http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-14-en--...ee-Edition.html

System requirements:

Pentium MMX 200 Mhz or higher processor

Minimum 64MB of RAM Memory (128MB recommended)

Minimum 40MB available hard disk space

Operating platform: Windows 98/NT-SP6/Me/2000/XP IE 4.0(+)

Well you seem to meet the minimum requirements so it is most probable that there is a conflict with something on your computer either another antivirus or anti spyware application or a virus itself.

By the way, if you could boot to safe mode, why did you not just uninstall bit defender instead of using system restore? Or just disable it and see if you could boot to windows when it was disabled and do an update and scan within windows.

Edited by Pete_C