Too political?

The subject for this particular forum is "Did you find an interesting article or news story? If so post it here".

I found what I consider to be an "interesting article or news story", and I posted it here. I did not make any personal comments on the subject.

Also, if you read the article, you'll see that the allegations are also corroborated by US Military personnel and Afghan officials.

And then of course there is the recent corroboration from U.S. Army General Tabuga.

I'd say that it's a good time to start investigating the alledged atrocities.

Edited by irregularjoe
atrocities

Heh, that gave me a chuckle. :rolleyes:

That was six years ago. It was an obvious breakdown in leadership, but that's fixed. What good what an investigation do? No one would ever be held accountable, but the foreign media would pick the story up in a heart beat as another chance to make Americans look bad. Of course, the Islamists would use it in their propoganda. It would be yet another embarsement to the country. I don't want that, and frankley I don't think it's worth it.

atrocities

Heh, that gave me a chuckle. :rolleyes:

That was six years ago. It was an obvious breakdown in leadership, but that's fixed. What good what an investigation do? No one would ever be held accountable, but the foreign media would pick the story up in a heart beat as another chance to make Americans look bad. Of course, the Islamists would use it in their propoganda. It would be yet another embarsement to the country. I don't want that, and frankley I don't think it's worth it.

I disagree.

I think the world would welcome it as the right thing to do.

Crime is crime. I doubt very much that the victims are chuckling.

I disagree.

I think the world would welcome it as the right thing to do.

The world doesn't think in terms of right and wrong.

Crime is crime. I doubt very much that the victims are chuckling.

War is war. It's supposed to be horrible. The essence of war is the senseless destruction of the innocent.

Before this gets censored for being too political, let me say I am skeptical of the completeness and truthfullness of testimony from detainees.

I've enjoyed reading this thread and I do not see a need to lock or censor the comments. So far the comments are productive and interesting, that is, they are broad-based philosophical statements, observations.

Carry on folks:-)

i read the article some time ago

and i agree it isn only the

black ones who commit the abuse but the whites do as well

but the international press overs looks

the crimes if it is on our side

weather you like it or not humans will be human when it comes

abuse of fellow man

i have been censored on this board for speaking my

opinions

so i welcome this article from joe

marty

I can't comment on the international press but the American press most assuredly does not look the other way. One somewhat (in)famous example that comes to mind is the New York Times running front-page stories about the incidents at Abu Ghraib for 32 straight days in April-June 2004. At the height of the story you could scarcely go six hours without seeing or hearing the words "Abu Ghraib". Guantanamo has received similar coverage, though less intense and spread out over a longer period, and many minor scandals and controversies have been extensively reported.

Indeed, the press was, rightly or wrongly, frequently accused of over-reporting abuses by Americans, under-reporting abuses of Americans, and ignoring abuses that didn't involve Americans at all. (Past tense here since the election has, as they say, sucked all of the air out the room, and the press doesn't report their own abuses of Americans.)

Edited by jcl
i read the article some time ago

and i agree it isn only the

black ones who commit the abuse but the whites do as well

weather you like it or not humans will be human when it comes

abuse of fellow man

i have been censored on this board for speaking my

opinions

so i welcome this article from joe

marty