Whats The Best Processor I Can Throw On My Mobo ?

Since all the new stuff is coming out in a month or so, I have decided to wait it out for the better pricing !

In the mean time, I want to try and see if I can beef up my dinosaur and get it to run AoC on the lowest setting(just to get started)

Whats the best processor I can throw on this mobo and get it to work? intell says the 3.06 p4...Intel® Desktop Boards - D845PECE

Would it even be worth it ??? if I pick one of those up on the cheap and overclock it to 3.5.... will I be ok ??

the rest of the computer has a 128MB AGP Radeon 9800 , 378mhz GPU clock speed (stock)

and 2 GB of pc2700 333mhz ram on a 19'' monitor I believe....I can use my 17'' if its too much for the 19''.

would I even be able to get playable frame rate???

Since all the new stuff is coming out in a month or so, I have decided to wait it out for the better pricing !

In the mean time, I want to try and see if I can beef up my dinosaur and get it to run AoC on the lowest setting(just to get started)

Whats the best processor I can throw on this mobo and get it to work? intell says the 3.06 p4...Intel® Desktop Boards - D845PECE

Would it even be worth it ??? if I pick one of those up on the cheap and overclock it to 3.5.... will I be ok ??

the rest of the computer has a 128MB AGP Radeon 9800 , 378mhz GPU clock speed (stock)

and 2 GB of pc2700 333mhz ram on a 19'' monitor I believe....I can use my 17'' if its too much for the 19''.

would I even be able to get playable frame rate???

You sure can't argue with Intel's knowledge of their product. See the attached:

Intel D845PECE.