Help With Eee Pc Wlan

i got my eeepc 2g surf running the stock linus distro and cant connect to any encrypted wireless networks. all the ones i have tried have been ones that i have setup for friends and use WPA, the full range of printable ASCII characters in a 63 character long key. if anyone has a way to make this work please let me know

This looks like it is an issue because of linux and the drivers that are supplied.. I found a post on the eeeuser forums the link is below.. looks like this should help you..

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=42005#p42005

i actually tried that first... asus finally got back to me and it appears that the EEE just doesn't like full ASCII WPA keys...once i switched to alpha-numeric characters only it works fine... they should say that in the owners manual. thanks anyway though.

Edited by binaryhackerman
This looks like it is an issue because of linux and the drivers that are supplied.. I found a post on the eeeuser forums the link is below.. looks like this should help you..

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=42005#p42005

i actually tried that first... asus finally got back to me and it appears that the EEE just doesn't like full ASCII WPA keys...once i switched to alpha-numeric characters only it works fine... they should say that in the owners manual. thanks anyway though.

Welcome to Besttechie's Linux Forum, binaryhackerman! :D Good to hear you have your connectivity issues sorted out. B)