Hey, found this site that sells computers:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Went looking for a gaming laptop since I would like one to be able to take in between my parent's house.

I found this one:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer...onfigurator_top

If you scroll down, you can change the settings. I set it at:

2.50 ghz processor

2g (2x1g) Memory

160GB 7200RPM hard drive

BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND

6-cell Li-On Battery Pack (COMPAL)

Built-in 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera

Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 32-bit Edition

Microsoft® Office® 2007 BASIC Editon (includes Excel, Outlook, & Word) w/ Office Pro Trial Edition

Plus other things such as a mouse, Halo 2 (that's free though), Laptop fan cooler, another charger (I'll just keep one at one house the other at the other house cuz I forget things a lot), and a 1 year warranty and life-time tech support 24/7.

This all came out to $1346.00 with free shipping. Is this a good deal? Also, do think it could play CoD4 or Crysis? I think it will but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance,

-Joe

What's the brand? The ad says "Compal Notebook. Did they misspell Compaq?

Other than that it looks good. Little pricey though in my opinion. But then again I consider anything over $800 as too expensive. :rolleyes:

What's the brand? The ad says "Compal Notebook. Did they misspell Compaq?

Compal is a Taiwanese ODM. Apparently it's the second largest notebook manufacturer in the world. Go figure.

Edit: It looks like a Compal FL90.

Edited by jcl
Compal supplies MANY of the laptops for the big boys. Dell, Compaq, HP for examples.

EDIT:

Typed "Xplorer X5-5850" into Google. I can't find anything negative about the laptop.

OK. I guess I've been out of the loop lately. Compal it is! I think I'll check them out also. Not sure how long my Dell Inspiron 8200 is going to hold up.

Thanks for the info.

Joe