Unable To Burn Slipstream Xp-sp3

I am using my legal XP-SP2 disc and Nlite to slipstream SP3.

I follow all the steps and make an ISO Image with SP3 in it and put it on my c drive.

I then use Nero 6 and click on Data-Make Bootable CD.

I follow the steps and burn it to a CD-RW and then it says burn was successful.

I then tried the new cd and the XP splash screen came up like on the original cd.

I then tried to install on a spare HD, but part way it rebooted and a dos screen came up saying I needed " Caldera DR-DOS".

Now I can not make another disc. It burns but it won't open.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Try following these steps. This, http://www.ubcd4win.com/burn.htm, is for burning the UBCD ISO. It's the same for what you want. I just finished burning two XP Home SP3 CDs a couple of minutes ago with NTI. You need to make sure you are creating a bootable CD. I used AutoStreamer to slipstream XP SP2 to SP3. Make sure you go to Folder Options and show all hidden files and folders plus protected files/folders before you copy your XP CD to the hard drive.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/slipstream.htm

Try following these steps. This, http://www.ubcd4win.com/burn.htm, is for burning the UBCD ISO. It's the same for what you want. I just finished burning two XP Home SP3 CDs a couple of minutes ago with NTI. You need to make sure you are creating a bootable CD. I used AutoStreamer to slipstream XP SP2 to SP3. Make sure you go to Folder Options and show all hidden files and folders plus protected files/folders before you copy your XP CD to the hard drive.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/slipstream.htm

Thanks TT_75.

This is my first time trying to slipstream XP.

I discovered that I already had AutoStreamer in my program files, but I had not installed it. To be truthful, I could not remember what it was. I installed it and then when it loaded my XP-sp2, integrated sp3 and made the iso image, it said it would take about 25 minutes to complete. After 25 minutes I opened Nero and started the burn process. It seemed to hang at 3% and I thought "Here I go again". After about 2mins. and 45 seconds it jumped to 4% and then completed in about 8 minutes.

I then tried it out on a spare HD and it installed XP-SP3 perfectly.

I now have what may be a silly question. I would like to make a up to date XP-SP2 cd for my son for his computer. Is there a update patch I can slipstream into XP-SP2 to make it up to date without going to SP3?

Thanks again for your response and help.

Well, you can always check out the RyanVM Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack and use the Integrator program to slipstream the updates to your Windows XP SP2 installation CD.

Thanks TT_75 but what site were you referring to?

Thanks Falcon1986. I had just found that site and will try it out later and report back if I can get it to work.

Remember I'm old and slow, so don't expect me to hurry.

Oh--My son has just informed me that he has a virus or something as the Startup Monitor wants to know if he wants to add something to the startup. But when he says NO it just pops up again. So I know what I will be doing tomorrow while he is at work. I think he does this just to give me something to do. LOL

Thanks again.

Well, you can always check out the RyanVM Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack and use the Integrator program to slipstream the updates to your Windows XP SP2 installation CD.

Thanks TT_75 but what site were you referring to?

Thanks Falcon1986. I had just found that site and will try it out later and report back if I can get it to work.

Remember I'm old and slow, so don't expect me to hurry.

Oh--My son has just informed me that he has a virus or something as the Startup Monitor wants to know if he wants to add something to the startup. But when he says NO it just pops up again. So I know what I will be doing tomorrow while he is at work. I think he does this just to give me something to do. LOL

Thanks again.

The one Falcon referred to. Darn I forgot to paste the link.

OK--I finally figured out how to use the Integrator after I D/L a program to open the RAR file. It took 4039 seconds to integrate and then a little over 30 minutes to make an ISO image.

However the image is 707mbs and my disc's are only 700mbs, so I can't burn it. This is all new to me so I don't know how to make the ISO smaller.

I foolishly didn't look at the 30 pack of CDRs I bought. They were 700MB and I needed an 800MB for creating the UBCD4Win. I ended up buying a 10 pack of them.

So far I have not been able to find anybody that sells 800mb.

I might check E-Bay if I can't find any around here.

If you took an original Windows XP installation CD and integrated the service pack, it should not amount to more than 700MB. Now, if you go ahead and integrate other software, drivers, etc. you will find yourself going beyond that.

How did you get the files off of the installation CD and onto the hard disk? By simply copying and pasting? Sometimes, after doing this, some files may become inflated. I know this happens when I am slipstreaming service packs into my Microsoft Office CDs. I am not sure if nLite does anything special, but it does copy the files to the hard disk and may not inflate the files. nLite is also used for slipstreaming.

If you took an original Windows XP installation CD and integrated the service pack, it should not amount to more than 700MB. Now, if you go ahead and integrate other software, drivers, etc. you will find yourself going beyond that.

How did you get the files off of the installation CD and onto the hard disk? By simply copying and pasting? Sometimes, after doing this, some files may become inflated. I know this happens when I am slipstreaming service packs into my Microsoft Office CDs. I am not sure if nLite does anything special, but it does copy the files to the hard disk and may not inflate the files. nLite is also used for slipstreaming.

Hi Falcon1986.

I did first use copy and paste and slipstreamed SP3 and it worked using Autostreamer (589mg). I did go back and make another folder and let Nlite copy the files to another folder and integrated Ryan's SP2 update and after making the ISO it came in at 582mgs. I then made another folder and used Autostreamer to make another ISO image. It was 581mg.

I used Nero to burn both cd's. The one from Nlite took a long time to show the XP splash screen, which makes me think it is bad. The cd from Autostreamer showed the XP splash screen within a few seconds. However my test HD crashed and I can't use it, so I'll have to wait until I can get another HD to see if it works.

Thanks for the information Falcon1986.