Who here likes music? Everyone right? Well, at least most people...

I had this idea literally two days ago to start a music video review site where I record videos (one every weekday) about different albums and post them on the site. The idea is to review the album, but not in a traditional way - instead of just writing or talking about it I actually play bits and pieces of generally 3 different tracks on the CD and talk about each track.

Not only do I want to expose people to new music I want to make it interesting. The radio today is a poor example of the music available today and I want to change that.

I have a wide variety of music to go through and share my experience with you (the viewer) and maybe introduce you to something new you never heard before or dismissed without giving it a chance.

Check out the site - I already have 2 episodes up and will have the next one up tomorrow as well as throughout this week and every other weekday. ;)

Rock n' Review

Also, if you have an album (new or old) you would like me to possibly review let me know - tell all your friends too! If you like/love/can't live without music this site is for you. :thumbsup:

B

Not only do I want to expose people to new music I want to make it interesting. The radio today is a poor example of the music available today and I want to change that.

Jeff:

You hit this right on the NOSE - Radio today is full of music that is totally alien to the music our parents listened to, and I can tell that there has been a marked change in the music from say 1990 to 2008. I like some of the new artists, but I'm finding myself going back to music of the 70's, 80's and some 90's. Not only that, but I'm starting to like the older country tunes as well - I don't know what type of music they call "Top 40" in this decade, but I respectfully say that music today has changed so much that I do not recognize it.

Can you believe that I took Music Appreciation in College??

Good Luck with this, and I will be listening :)

Brian

Nope, no audio. I only tried it once, yesterday, didn't have any other audio running nor had I run any audio program before, so I didn't know what was up. Don't have the time today but I'm sure I'll figure it out (since all other flash-based audio works elsewhere, I'm sure it'll work ... eventually).

The radio only gives a good example of Popular music today but none of the lesser known stuff. I really don't much of any current music or music of the last 15 years. A large portion of my library consists of Jrock/Jpop cause I don't know much of anything good here. I'm exposed to a lot of the J stuff from the OP and ED's of animes and if I like them, I look them up and get the full versions which usually have other songs with them, sometimes good, sometimes not.

This website looks like a good idea to get me started in a good direction for western stuff. I'm dying to get more stuff but just don't know what is good out there. I've recently started listening to the radio more often cause I'm gettin slightly burnt out on some of my stuff so I'm hearing more and liking it..... but I have no clue who I am listening too or what the song is half the time. My favorite station plays rock from the 80's all the way up to the most current stuff (current stuff plays more often than older) so I can only pick out older stuff here and there like pre-1995 and a few newer songs.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I know I was talking about Rock n' Review last May and that it kind of fell apart due to there just not being enough hours in the day and that I wanted to focus more on BestTechie. However, I started messing around with Ning which is a social network builder just for fun and created/started creating a music social network with the same concept/idea behind Rock n' Review - explore new music / share music you enjoy.

That being said, I didn't pay for any additional features yet - it's just the basic stuff, but it definitely has a lot of functionality and stuff to play with so if you're interested feel free to join and post, share, explore, and even promote it if you can. If it turns into something I'll pay for the custom domain ability and extra space. :)

The current URL is: http://rocknreview.ning.com/

Check it out!

B

havingbeen in a band for 30 yrs

i appreciate the

option

tho ime not up with the new wave

or rap

to me music is music

the ethnic group i belong to are very musical

i have many cds dvds

but no videos