No Malware Present, Per Ryan!

JSKY,

I'm not at all questioning Terrorist_75 recommendations at all. He has guided me quite well so far. What I was referring to was earlier there were 7 people here and none responded. Obviously they weren't knowledgeable enough. I've already done what he's suggested. Since then, I've been running scans out the ying-yang. I'm not coming up with a lot of traces of stuff, as I guess I've killed/deleted most previously. Some of the items found were Keyloggers, Downloaders, Trojans, And Adaware--thousands, YES 1000's. Virus Vault has already filled numerous times thus far, and I'm not done yet. I'll keep the post updated as well............

Terrorist_75 i forgot to ask. If I remove the other boot option, would the white, and/or double screens go away??....As scan is presently running and will be for a while.....

Hi Chris.

My thoughts would be for a larger Hard Drive if your going to have it all redone. And a fresh install of XP would really clean things up for you. Taking it to a shop and having them save what you have on your old drive, such as pictures and e-mail accounts and so forth would be no problem for them. And with a larger hard drive will give you a few years to fill it up. But that is an option for you.

As for the 6 or 7 Guest reading the posting. Some of those people might not even be registered to post here. They can just be others reading through to see what they can learn, or to find a topic that might help them out with a problem they have.

Or just curious of the answers to questions.

And some have more of a expertize in a different area. Or might feel those answering are doing fine and don't need any help. But most of the time a "Guest" is someone not logged in or more so, just visiting the forums and has yet to join.

Terrorist _75 i understand that fully. Because the other account had administrator capabilities and password protected as well.......That's why I reran everything ie.hijackthis and others. So when I spoke earlier I was in the process of finding and disposing of the many traces.....Ran some other scans, and nothing yet, but I'm still monitoring it closely. I did disable the other 2 boot options just to see what happens ie(backup and recovery console). It's still the same, white screen with double loaded XP screens, ...I guess the fresh install would cure this.

JSKY...Yes, more space is for sure. I know what you're saying. I guess, the room kinda filled up quickly . I guess with a "guest" you never know who is in the room with you, I guess..............

Do you have theme XP or one of those shells installed?

This sounds like what happens when you have the swissboy bootscreen replacement installed and the image is missing or you have the one which gets a new pic off the web and changes the bootscreen each time you boot (not sure if it does this before shutting down or it actually accesses the web before it is fully booted in which case it can be a firewall issue not a problem with the server hosting the images).

So , have you been messing with your bootscreen display or have you installed a non windows theme manager?

It may also occur if you use Swissboy's hack to disable the WGA nag notification that you have a pirated version of windows.

(IE you downloaded the cracked dll he posted)

Edited by Pete_C