Remote Desktop And No Sound

I am hoping someone can help I have been ALL over the web and would love to be on chat with someone to make this work. I have a XP Pro computer and I can remote into user 1 and have all sounds and programs and if I log in as user 2 I have no sounds and errors even trying to play control panel windows sounds.

I have looked all over the web and yes it is set to bring to this computer but the mute is always muted... :angry2:

ANY help would be appreciated - my IM is: [email protected]

Thank you in advance!!

When you log on as user 2 go to Device manager and see if the sound card is listed. If it is with a yellow or red ! next to it then you can just install the drivers for it. You can install them anyway just to see if it works. Just double click on the Sound card and then click on driver and then update driver. Choose from the INTERNET and let it find it for you. Might do that since it will look for the newest driver for you instead of the one the PC came with.

When you log on as user 2 go to Device manager and see if the sound card is listed. If it is with a yellow or red ! next to it then you can just install the drivers for it. You can install them anyway just to see if it works. Just double click on the Sound card and then click on driver and then update driver. Choose from the INTERNET and let it find it for you. Might do that since it will look for the newest driver for you instead of the one the PC came with.

There are a lot of sound and video cards and I went thru them all and they all say working properly - Arggg

Is the sound Icon in the task bar on the right hand bottom corner? Go into the Control panel and check the settings in there. Make sure it isn't Muted and go into the advanced settings to check in there also.

Sorry I don't use any messenger services. Do you have a restriction from the Administrators account on the sound card? Log on in the 1st account go into control panel and then the Audio tab. Make sure the default device is the same in there as it is in the 2nd account. If that doesn't help try going to Kelly's Corner and see if there is a fix for it.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Kelly's Korner #371 on the left side might help. Other than that i would try installing the sound device in the #2 account.

One other thought. Try reinstalling from the Main (administrators account) . You will have to delete the sound card and let it be found when you reboot.

Edited by lefty1953