I just purchased the RAM below, it's a pretty decent deal:

mushkin 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

I was also looking at some OCZ but in the end went with the mushkin. I've never used mushkin RAM before, however, I have heard many good things. I do not game though and from what I read they're geared towards gamers. Anyone have an experience with mushkin? The reviews on the page look good, so I'm hoping for the best. :)

B

I tend to place a lot weight on customer reviews. I think it is a good choice.

As do I. I think I'll be recieving it tomorrow - not bad. I ordered it yesterday and it was shipped out today from New Jersey. Newegg rocks! ;)

B

looks to be good and certainly a better price than what I paid for my Corsair XMS2 4GB PC6400. I picked what I got cause it was on my list for compatible RAM and it was also the recommended memory for the board by ASUS. I paid about $120 for mine.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Well, certainly, my streak of bad luck hasn't run dry yet. :(

So I put the RAM in, PC boots, sees the RAM and everything is working fine. I go to sleep, wake up (for no reason) at 3:30AM, look at my PC and see a blue screen and I think to myself, "heh...it can't be a BSOD" I then proceed to hop out of bed and look, sure enough it is.

It was a 0X0000001A error code, I go look it up found some stuff on Windows 2000 and early releases of Vista. I'm not really too sure, I tried resetting the RAM - it didn't like that either, tried two different slots - no go. Put my old RAM back in everything has been fine.

Any ideas before I return the RAM? :(

B

Just curious could it cause by an incompatiblity with the RAM? Either with the system or the operating system (Vista Ultimate SP1 - final release) or would it most likely be bad RAM? Just odd, I mean, it booted, recognized the RAM and worked perfectly fine for a good few hours (at least while I was awake - then poof just BSOD) This happened the same night I put it in the system.

B

I would say if your motherboard supports pc2 6400 Ram and is compatible with the type.

Then it most likely is a problem with one or both sticks of RAM. The OS (XP, Vista, Linux) doesn't care what RAM you use, that's more in the hardware side of things.

It could be a bad resistor or capacitor on the memory board that is lower grade and just failed.

Or you just overworked the poor things to death right off the start by playing to much with all that power and just burnt the poor things out. :blink:

No really.. I would say if your old sticks work A-OK. Then something is wrong with compatibility or the RAM it'self

If you have an ASUS board, you can't go wrong with Corsair. I'm glad I got the RAM I did now. There's a promo code from Newegg right now that makes the 2GB (2x 1GB) RAM $48.

here's what I have:

4GB Corsair XMS2 PC2 6400

and here's what the promo code is for

2GB Corsair XMS2 PC2 6400