Lan Connection Drops Every Few Seconds

My LAN connection drops in a minute or 2 itself.

I've laptop which I connect to my office LAN. Once connected, I could see the LAN icon operate in duplex mode ( sent and recvd bytes seen) but after a min, it shows only Sent bytes and none recevied. at this moment ping of laptop ip & 127.0.0.1 works but unable to ping any other machines including the gateway. Note that the LAN icons still shows connected only. Now either you repair the connection or clear arpcache from cmd prompt and things come to normal for a minute and then it drops. ipconfig entries between connected and disconnected state remains the same. arp -a shows only one entry that of gateway (proper one). wireless connection works perfectly fine. other collegues able to work though...so issue only with my laptop....

no virus detected.....

My LAN connection drops in a minute or 2 itself.

I've laptop which I connect to my office LAN. Once connected, I could see the LAN icon operate in duplex mode ( sent and recvd bytes seen) but after a min, it shows only Sent bytes and none recevied. at this moment ping of laptop ip & 127.0.0.1 works but unable to ping any other machines including the gateway. Note that the LAN icons still shows connected only. Now either you repair the connection or clear arpcache from cmd prompt and things come to normal for a minute and then it drops. ipconfig entries between connected and disconnected state remains the same. arp -a shows only one entry that of gateway (proper one). wireless connection works perfectly fine. other collegues able to work though...so issue only with my laptop....

no virus detected.....

Does it connect to other networks and stay connected?

It almost sounds like a bad lan card or that in device manager you have the lan card power options set so windows can terminate it to save power.