Sharing An Internet Connection

I have two computers and I share the internet between them both I have an SMC

Router (None Wireless) I was just wondering because I use up the internet for gaming I need lag free

and smooth game play, my sister just uses msn messenger and media player and IE for a few sites

heres the question. How can I make my internet connection faster and use up more

bandwidth than her, can I make her COM1 post have less bits than mine and by

maximizing mine and reducing hers? Or is are there any other ways THX in advance for

replying.

There are no settings there was a CD that came with the router it has ZA and a check to see if the router is working proper thats all :P

BUT can I not change the other computers COM1 settings and make that port slower and mines faster think that will work? I've tried it but can't really tell any difference what should I do?

Start/run/cmd then press enter

When command prompt is open type ipconfig /all

You should be able to get into your router by puting the address of the default gateway into your address bar.

For user name and password try entering with no info, then user name: admin password: password or admin and default. The cd should tell you this info, explore the cd.

M

• 2 weeks later...