Hey Guys,

Well today I got my custom made computer (finally), with a few problems, I managed to sort most of them out, mainly driver support.

I have got four front USB 2.0 on my case but when I plug something in, they do not work:

IMG_1310.JPG

Do you have any idea why? I dont really know where to start looking for drivers, as I thought USB was a standard thing, and I have 8 USB's at the back of the computer, which all work fine!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

WizzKid

P.S. Heres my PC Spec if this helps!

I assume so, as the company that built the PC didnt saying anything about not plugging them in...I will check in the morning!

Yeah if a company did them than im assuming that there wired to the mobo so you might want to check if the jummpers are loose or if the correct pin settings are there.

Hey Guys,

Well I just opened my PC up and everything is neatly wired, I followed the wires from the USB and there connected to something (im not great at hardware), all of the other plugs work, headphone and microphone jack, firewire.

So could this be a driver problem?

Thanks

WizzKid

P.S. I not sure if the mobo has internal USB support, how would I know? :)

If it is plugged into an internal USB header it definitely has support. That does not sound like a driver problem. More then likely all the USB on that computer is being controlled by the same controller(same driver). Since some are working, that would imply your drivers are installed properly. You could take a look in the device manger and see if you have any problems, they may show up as "yellow". You more then likely have two internal headers, you could try plugging your front usb cable into the other one. If that does not work, you should have the company replace the bad part. It could be either the motherboard or the front usb jack.

I'm sorting out some USB issues at this moment, also.

Quick fix is to add a USB PCI add-on card.

This site is very informative, you have to poke around in it somewhat:

http://www.usbman.com/

Make sure Windows Updates are current. Due to licensing agreements, you can only get USB drivers from the computer or motherboard mfg.

Mark

Hello! If you look on your motherboard somewhere there should be 2 or 3 plug type that says USB_01 USB_02 that are sometimes yellow. These are used for your front usb ports on your case. Now look for any kind of wires that have many pins, as sometimes the cords are marked USB. Take a look and see as maybe the shop forgot to hook the front usbs up.

Good luck

Sceeter32

Edited by sceeter32