How's Your Weather?

It's headed this way. One band is coming of Lake Erie and the other band stretches the whole length of Lake Ontario. North of me is expecting over 2 feet and they are not sure how bad my area will get hit.

We got over an inch of rain on Friday/ Saturday (thunderstorms) leaving us just under an inch below normal for the year so far. We are expecting more rain Thursday (hence the low high), and then a nice weekend

Seven day forcast

67 63 48 52 60 68 69

38 50 42 38 40 45 50

Today, Wed,Thurs, Fri, Sat Sun , Monday.

Definitely will have to figure something out to grill on Sunday if it is as nice as it looks like it will be.

Maybe break out the rotisserie and make rotisserie chickens over the grill.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

must be snow in the forecast. Got stuck behind a salt truck on the way to school and had to drive through wet brine. I hope something gets that crap off the road soon so I can run my car through an undercarriage wash.

• 2 weeks later...
Another 8" of the white stuff last night... make it stop.

Same here. 8" of that lovely wet, heavy crap last night. Spring should be here by June.

Well it was overcast today, but still nice and warm. Current temp is 78 degrees.

The predicted low tonight is 63.

I set up the rotisserie on the grill and roasted two chickens (Grandkids and their siblings and roommates kids etc over)

That with some tater salad and vegetarian (porkless) pork and beans.

Then they ate a half gallon of chocolate ice cream.

Now they are being little banshees .

March 2nd = abso-friggin-lutely beautiful day. Felt great, drove with the windows down. Ran the car through a brushless automatic to get the salt off (might hand wash tomorrow to get rid of water spots, exhaust carbon and brake dust). What a gorgeous day. I hope there's more to come.

My partner in the contracting business is doing a favor by delivering furniture for a friend to Placentia, CA near San Diego. He asked me to plot a route that took him through the warmer section of the country. I sent him from NY to Tennessee by 81 S then I-40 W to California. I called him early this morning to find out he was 95 miles from Bristol. I just had to tell him beware of tornados and the 1 foot of snow in Oklahoma City. His reply can't be posted. hahahaha

... His reply can't be posted. hahahaha

Ha ... About the only thing worse than being stuck in bad weather, is heading INTO bad weather. That awful feeling you get as conditions rapidly deteriorate.

-----

True to predictions, last night's rain's turning to snowy conditions (with that very specific sound against the siding, a sort of "tinkling," as the rain turns to sleet).

March came in like a lion! ;)

Ohhhh, I forgot all about that. March 1st was sunny, March 2 broke a heat record at 56 (only 5 foot high snowbanks now!). Today it's winded, rained and now snowing but still mild. That means the end of March is gonna be crummy. Crap. Crap. Crap. Another Crap.

Liz

Here it is from NWS BTV Office (Burlington Vermont, US)

NWS: Ice storm to hit area tonight

8:57 a.m.

March 4, 2008

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER

STORM WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM

EST WEDNESDAY FOR NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST VERMONT DUE TO A

HAZARDOUS AND SIGNIFICANT MIX AND ACCUMULATION OF SLEET AND

FREEZING RAIN.

ICE ACCUMULATION UP TO AN HALF INCH IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE WARNING AREA.

SNOW AND SLEET IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO CENTRAL VERMONT BY EVENING AND REACH THE CANADIAN BORDER BY 10 PM. SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES POSSIBLE THROUGH MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. THEN A TRANSITION TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED AS SIGNIFICANT WARM AIR MOVES OVER THE REGION ALOFT. THE SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING. ON WEDNESDAY...FREEZING RAIN WILL LIKELY CHANGE TO RAIN AT TIMES IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF CENTRAL VERMONT...BUT REMAIN FREEZING RAIN IN THE DEEPER VALLEYS OF NORTHEAST VERMONT BEFORE A GRADUAL CHANGEOVER TO SNOW SHOWERS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR SOME DAMAGE TO TREES AND POWER LINES

ACROSS NORTHERN VERMONT WITH THIS SYSTEM., LEADING TO THE

PROSPECT OF SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES DURING WEDNESDAY MORNING.

NOW IS THE TIME TO PREPARE FOR THIS MIXED WINTER STORM. MAKE SURE

YOU HAVE AN ADEQUATE SUPPLY OF FOOD AND BOTTLED WATER ON HAND. IF

THE POWER FAILS AND YOU MUST USE AN ALTERNATE MEANS TO STAY

WARM...USE APPROPRIATE FIRE SAFEGUARDS. BE SURE THERE IS ADEQUATE

VENTILATION SINCE CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING IS A REAL DANGER.

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO AVOID ANY UNNECESSARY TRAVEL TONIGHT THROUGH MIDDAY WEDNESDAY

Two words: REALLY LOUSY!!

But its winter, so as long as I am inside, I should be OK ;)

Brian

Pretty much the same warning as baker7's area here. Doesn't look to be as bad as the ice storm of April 2003. I'm ready. Fresh batteries in the boombox and flashlights, cell phone fully charged, large candles placed in strategic areas, coffee premade so all I have to do is warm it on the gas stove and I moved my trucks from areas near the big trees and power lines.

That wasn't bad. I looked outside early this morning and didn't really see any ice. I grabbed my bucket of calcium chloride flakes just in case and stepped out the door. &@%#$$ You would think I'd learn to put my glasses on.

After sliding for a short distance I dusted my walks and driveways with the flakes. After finishing and going back inside for my coffee I looked out the window, with my glasses on, and notice that large snow flakes started falling. Looks like I timed things just right. Now all thats left is to scrape the ice off my trucks and wait for the city to sand and salt the roadways.