How's Your Weather?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colder than a witch's **** At least the blow is over, along with the lake effect snow. Too dang many accidents. Why do folks drive so fast knowing it's ugly out there? Semi drivers? We had three of them close I 94 this morning. Hey you guys... You're supposed to be professional drivers!!!

Bitter cold and more snow a'comin' (5 inches or so).

I actually get more annoyed by people going too slow than too fast (actually, I don't even remember seeing people going too fast, once or twice? -- different perspective maybe? Or a difference in local driving habits?). It's really cold, so people drive slow. What? Why? Did your brain freeze up on ya? :rolleyes:

I sorta "get" why semis might have more trouble since they are effectively large kites, at the mercy of the wind, and once they're moving, wrong direction or not, they're not stopping easily.

-----

Edited by JDoors
Only getting to 77 here today, so I may put on a light jacket and work around in the yard for awhile when I get back from the gym. Can't wait for spring.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's like you're talkin' a foriegn language. :lol:

Seventy-seven! That's t-shirt and shorts weather!

We didn't get five inches (darnit), more like one, now we're gettin' a dusting of powder here and there all day long.

I woke up at 9:30 this morning, looked outside and nearly crapped myself. Snow. There was snow. It was RAINING yesterday. My car's lock was frozen and it took some work to get it unlocked. Then, the friggin door was frozen shut. Had to yank it open. I'vve been buying 6-pack 24oz Mountain Dews to take to school instead of buying 20oz in the machines. I put one in the fridge last night while the rest were in my car still........ the ones in the car were colder this morning.

Dang southern Tennessee weather.

3 1/2 hours shoveling that wet, heavy crap. The &^%$$^ plow blew by so fast that it left a berm 20 foot long, 1 1/2 foot high and 6 feet from the road to my sidewalk across the opening to my driveway. That crap was packed solid. I wouldn't mind it so much, but I have close to 3000 sq. ft. of parking area to keep clean.

The local weather girl said with a big smile "we're just 9 inches away from setting a 10 year record for snow fall and it's only February". Then she says it should be 20 degrees tonight so roads could get slippery. Ugh! :glare:

Just a little chilly here also.... :rolleyes:

-33 °F

Clear

Feels like : -33 °F

Relative humidity : 60%

Wind : 0 km/h W

Barometric pressure : 102.8 kPa Barometric pressure

Dewpoint : -42 °F

Last Updated: Thursday, Feb 14 2008

It warmed up yesterday and started raining. We had 50 m.p.h. winds all night with temps in the 50s. The rain has cleared and the winds abated. Now that everything is wet and icy the temps are going to drop through the day to single digit numbers tomorrow night.

Terrorist, if you haven't gotten it yet, you are gonna get it bad! We went from record breaking heat Sunday to record breaking one day snowfall Monday. Shovelled 12-15" out of the driveway. Snowbanks are right back to over six feet. (but better than the farmland by me, they're past 10 feet)And be careful shovelling--that layer of ice makes for easy scooping but slippery footing!

@#$&% snow!

Liz