Windows Vista Blue Screen Of Death?

I wish I could have copied the error code (No Pen and paper near).

However has anyone received or heard of receiving a "Blue Screen of Death" for Vista?

It gave me the error code and said something caused the system to crash. It was preparing "Crash Files" or something of the sort and commenced restarting following about 1 minute on the screen.

v

I am now back online and after a full Norton Anti-virus scan I have come across nothing.

All I managed to copy was the very basic error code

Stop OxoooooooA

(OxA3c0000f, ox00000000.... there was more but it took me about 40 seconds to retrieve the pen & paper)

Pfc. Muniz

USMC

Should I be concerned or is it another normal windows thing.

Please excuse my ignorance, the last 6 months of my life have evolved around training as well as the next 3 months.

I received another Crash, however I was able to gather this information from a message that popped up following the automatic restart.

Grrrr. I may take this guy back and get a mac.

'Pfc Muniz

USMC

Blue_Screen.txt

Edited by TheTrueDarkOne

It sounds like a hardware problem to me. Two applications are trying for the same allocated memory space at the same time.

Try updating both your sound drivers and graphic drivers from the "manifactures" websites and see if that cures your problem.

FWIW, BCCode 0x50 is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Both bug checks are consistent with flakey drivers.

(God I wish the bug check descriptions included at least the name of the module the triggered the BC. "BCP3: 81CB6A2D" could be really useful if you had some idea of what it was.)

Edited by jcl

You didn't post the specs of your machine. Vista is a hungry, RAM needy OS. Even XP rigs were shipping RAM shy and caused BSoD's. My Dell only came with 128 and crashed all the time, Vista wants 2 gig. While shopping for a laptop lately, I noticed many machines are priced light on the RAM.

You didn't post the specs of your machine. Vista is a hungry, RAM needy OS. Even XP rigs were shipping RAM shy and caused BSoD's. My Dell only came with 128 and crashed all the time, Vista wants 2 gig. While shopping for a laptop lately, I noticed many machines are priced light on the RAM.

AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Tech.

Nvidia GeForce Go 6150

2 Gigs

140 HD

Laptop Has

Built in

+Mic

+Web Cam

+Finger Scanner

+Bluetooth

Both Drivers after review are the latest & greatest :/

With apologies to LSSU, release is the new beta. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the latest drivers are unstable.

Edited by jcl