hi i have a laptop with 1 gb ram and 120 gb hard drive with 80gb availiable and ever since i uninstalled a program called adobe audition my computer has been slowing down. when ever i play a song it slows down and sometimes stop playing at all for like 30 seconds. when i check the task manager the cpu is always spiking up close to 100 and i cant figure out why. iv already scanned my computer for viruses with different programs and none of them picked up anything.

i checked the malware section and they told to post it over here and yes i scanned for spyware and the programs never found any... as for the processes the ones that are spiking are normally the programs that i run at the time like itunes and when the songs slow down the cpu goes up to 60 in the proccess tab. thers also other processes that i dont know wat they are for. thers one called System and the user name for it is SYSTEM it goes up around the same time the songs slow up but not by much maybe up to 15 at the most.

It's probably the Adobe updater. I had the same problem with another one of Adobe's apps. Pagemaker, I think.

Anyway you should turn off the updater anytime you run any Adobe programs. The damn thing runs at 100 % even AFTER you close the program.

I customized mine to NOT run automatically and it's been fine ever since.

Here's a fix. The directions here are for Adobe Acrobat, but the instructions should work for you, as most Abobe products use a standard updater.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

are you a gamer

becaues most gamers complain of a slow computer

lots of times they disable there virus

or automatic scanners

and which tends slow the game

another reason is the compt has to be cleaned often

temp files ect

and most important the compt needs to be

defragged

to put those files back to be were they

can be easily accessable

if you use winxp

you need to scannow your disk

to place all those files back to thier proper places

and to do that

you need to go to

run

type cmd

in the black screen

type sfc/scannow

insert your xp cd

and press enter

and let it runs it course

last but not least

is your start up applications

in your add and remove program look for programs

you dont need an remove them

to manage your start up programs

try this

program

imstead of doing it in msconfig

marty

good luck ive been there done that

so i know what your problem is

the program

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

This post has been edited by martymas: Today, 06:31 PM

--------------------

im not a gamer at all and iv done all the basic stuff like defragmenting the comp but it didnt help but when i looked at my task manger while the song was slowing down i noticed when i tried to end one of the processes the song returned to normal. the image name is System and the user name is SYSTEM. but when i click end proccess it wont go away it still stays their. deos anyone know how i can get rid of it?

Just a slight wonder.

Look in your prefetch folder and see if by chance there is a "exe" file in there. Or something besides the layout.ini or pf. files.

Sometimes.... for some unknown reason, windows will pop something in there thats not supposed to be in there. And it gets to running at the wrong time.