Hello all! I just upgraded my computer yesterday and had the computer store do a quick mount to make sure the motherboard and processor and ram are in good working order. I brought the parts home and installed every thing correctly. When I first turned on the computer it gave me on short beep ok. The next time I had to shut it down and went back to turn it on I got a medium beep and a short beep, but the computer boots up fine. This morning I go to turn my computer on and get all kinds of beep then a continuous beep that won't stop. I then shut down the computer and turned it back on and got one medium beep and a short beep and thats it the beeps stop. It seems the computer is running fine and all temps are normal. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? If so I would be so happy.

Computer Specs

2.20GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Gigabyte 965P-DS3 MB 2GB Ram

EVGA Geforce 7600GT

Thank you

Sceeter32 :thumbsup:

Edited by sceeter32
Hello all! I just upgraded my computer yesterday and had the computer store do a quick mount to make sure the motherboard and processor and ram are in good working order. I brought the parts home and installed every thing correctly. When I first turned on the computer it gave me on short beep ok. The next time I had to shut it down and went back to turn it on I got a medium beep and a short beep, but the computer boots up fine. This morning I go to turn my computer on and get all kinds of beep then a continuous beep that won't stop. I then shut down the computer and turned it back on and got one medium beep and a short beep and thats it the beeps stop. It seems the computer is running fine and all temps are normal. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? If so I would be so happy.

Computer Specs

2.20GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Gigabyte 965P-DS3 MB 2GB Ram

EVGA Geforce 7600GT

Thank you

Sceeter32 :thumbsup:

I would go to this website and click on your MB, that will let you know what the post codes mean. Perhaps you have a stick of RAM that isn't seated properly.

http://www.bioscentral.com/

When you first turn on the computer, the first screen should show which BIOS you have. Should be the upper left hand corner. It'll say AMI,Award or Phoenix. Then look up the beep code in the proper table to tell you what's wrong. I would definitely make sure everything is seated properly.

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Mark

When you first turn on the computer, the first screen should show which BIOS you have. Should be the upper left hand corner. It'll say AMI,Award or Phoenix. Then look up the beep code in the proper table to tell you what's wrong. I would definitely make sure everything is seated properly.

Mark

It's A Award bios I just shut the computer off and checked to see if everything is seated properly and everything is fine. I then turned it on and got a weird distorted short beep and one short beep after that. The computer boots up fine and runs fine.

Sceeter32

Mark

It's A Award bios I just shut the computer off and checked to see if everything is seated properly and everything is fine. I then turned it on and got a weird distorted short beep and one short beep after that. The computer boots up fine and runs fine.

Sceeter32

The beeps mean something. I would go to one of the sites we listed and check-up on what the beeps mean.

Mark

Sceeter32

The beeps mean something. I would go to one of the sites we listed and check-up on what the beeps mean.

Well on that site it really don't show the beeps I'm looking for.

Sceeter32

according to your manual. These are the beed codes they listed

AWARD BIOS Beep Codes

1 short: System boots successfully

2 short: CMOS setting error

1 long 1 short: DRAM or M/B error

1 long 2 short: Monitor or display card error

1 long 3 short: Keyboard error

1 long 9 short: BIOS ROM error

Continuous long beeps: DRAM error

Continuous short beeps: Power error

this may be the problem

by the way, nice system :-)

AWARD BIOS Beep Codes

this may be the problem

Thanks shanenin it's more two short beeps. At the post screen there is no error code shown. It seems that once I install the motherboard driver cd that came with the motherboard thats when it started acting up. I'm not 100% sure though.

Thanks again

Sceeter32

AWARD BIOS Beep Codes

this may be the problem

Thanks shanenin it's more two short beeps. At the post screen there is no error code shown. It seems that once I install the motherboard driver cd that came with the motherboard thats when it started acting up. I'm not 100% sure though.

Thanks again

Sceeter32

two short beeps are normal.. if you get a bunch of short beeps after that it saying it can not find your keyboard. as is listed above more than three short beeps is a bios problem, try hard resetting your bios with the jumper , and see if that ends the issue.

note, it says two small beeps are a bios setting problem, but I have found it to do two beeps if it thinks you have changed anything.

try here

i think it is hdd troubles

how many hdd and which are the master and slave set at

however read this beep code

settings and see if they relate to you

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

Hello martymas Right now I have 2 sata hard drives, but now I think my problem is that I have 1 sata 1 and 1 sata II and using the sata 1 hd for my o/s. I know my board supports SATA II drives, but maybe its the sata 1 drive thats giving the beep errors. This is my mother board. Only one IDE plug as I have my cd rom & dvd burner running off the IDE

Sceeter32

Edited by sceeter32