Lacie External Hard Drives

I was just wondering if anyone has or have used LaCie external hard drives. I just ordered a LaCie 500GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive Designed by F.A. Porsche. It was the best rated external hard drive in the 400-750GB category on Newegg and was well priced so I picked it. 5 stars with 44 reviews, vast majority good (4-5 stars, mostly 5). It's a real simple looking drive and performs well according to reviews. I've never heard of LaCie but this drive was best rated out of all of them. Most of the WD's and Seagates were 4 star but while reading reviews, I found many bad ones. I found maybe one 1 star review and two 3 stars or something when I was checking out the LaCie. The rest were 4-5 stars with almost nothing but good to say in the reviews. So I think I made a good choice but I'll have to wait until I get the drive to see.

Here's a link to the drive I ordered.

LaCie 500GB External Hard Drive Designed by F.A. Porsche

I was just wondering if anyone has or have used LaCie external hard drives. I just ordered a LaCie 500GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive Designed by F.A. Porsche. It was the best rated external hard drive in the 400-750GB category on Newegg and was well priced so I picked it. 5 stars with 44 reviews, vast majority good (4-5 stars, mostly 5). It's a real simple looking drive and performs well according to reviews. I've never heard of LaCie but this drive was best rated out of all of them. Most of the WD's and Seagates were 4 star but while reading reviews, I found many bad ones. I found maybe one 1 star review and two 3 stars or something when I was checking out the LaCie. The rest were 4-5 stars with almost nothing but good to say in the reviews. So I think I made a good choice but I'll have to wait until I get the drive to see.

Here's a link to the drive I ordered.

LaCie 500GB External Hard Drive Designed by F.A. Porsche

I've seen LaCie enclosures and racks at Fry's. They seem well built. You should be fine.

Awesome :thumbsup: Thanks guys. I just never heard of them but it looked really good. I'm glad there are some on here who have them. Lets just hope UPS doesn't mess it up :rolleyes:

Edited by Honda_Boy

It came in today and I am formatting it right now. It appears UPS didn't mess it up. It's a 1/3 done formatting and it's gonna be a while longer. When it gets done formatting then all my anime from all 3 computers (and all 5 hard drives) will be migrated to it. I'll go to Walmart later and buy another big stack of blank DVD's so I can burn back up copies of completed series. Man it's gonna be nice to be able install my games again.......if I ever feel like playing them. At least I'll have space for Call of Duty 4 when it comes out. Already have my copy reserved at Game Stop.