My Dad recently purchased a Laptop with Windows Vista Premium. He is currently using this Laptop to play World Of Warcraft and would like to know how to increase the Graphics power on his laptop as the game does not display well (Lots of Lag).

I would like to know if it is possible to increase the graphics power. And If so how? He has turned off Aero and all the special effects but to no avail. Please if you can help do.

Thanks in advance.

~MajorDeath

Hello!

Some specs on the laptop would really help us out. (ram, CPU, graphics card, etc)

Probably the only way you're going to be able to reduce the lag, other than spending money, is to lower the quality settings of the game.

Edited by Bubba Bob

We have lowered the quality settings down to all on low but it still doesn't work... Ok here are the specs.

Windows Vista Home Premium

Genuine IntelĀ® CPU tr080 @1.73 ghz

0.99 gb ram

Mobile intelĀ® 945Gm/GU Express Chipset Family

minimum graphics memory 8mb

maximum graphics mempory 251mb

Your using onboard graphics that shares memory with the RAM. You didn't tell us how much actual RAM the machine has but first off maxing out the RAM may be a big and only help.

Also when you say you have lag what is lagging is the screen jittery or freezing with lots jaggies?

We have lowered the quality settings down to all on low but it still doesn't work... Ok here are the specs.

Windows Vista Home Premium

Genuine IntelƂĀ® CPU tr080 @1.73 ghz

0.99 gb ram

Mobile intelƂĀ® 945Gm/GU Express Chipset Family

minimum graphics memory 8mb

maximum graphics mempory 251mb

What is the make and model of this PC?

that is a horrible graphics chip (actually it's your laptop's mobo's chipset). Since it's a laptop, your stuck with what ya got. The 945G is a terrible graphics chip. My laptop has the same thing only I'm rockin a crappy Celeron 440 (1.86GHz) with 1.5GB of DDR2 533 RAM and the dern thing can't even play Half-Life straight. The ORIGNAL 9-YEAR OLD Half-Life. My old laptop (Sempron 2800, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M, 512MB of DDR 333 RAM) played Half-Life 2 about as well as this POS plays the original. Man I miss my old laptop. Motherboard fried on it.

So yeah Intel Graphics kinda suck particularly in laptops. The best would be to get a laptop with a dedicated graphics solution but they are more expensive. As far as I know though, Alienware laptops are the only ones with upgradeable graphics solutions. There may have been other companies with it since I last check but I don't know.

Its Advent.

Its not the ISP making the lag because we play on other PC's using the same network. Thanks for the help guys.

The only suggestion that can be given is to access the bios and increase you GPU resouces if it is not already max'd out.

If you were using XP you could have used a program called Game XP to make it easier to shut down background processes that eat sys resources during game play.

i sugest you create a user account with stripped down background proceses just for gaming. It may help some. As metioned in another post most Laptop are not designed for Graphics performance but you should be able to play WOW fairly decent I believe if you kill the background stuff.

Also find out exactly what your Specs are and max out the RAM if you can (may not be necessary if you kill the resource hogs during gaming).

Preston