Bad Day Mr. Architect?

Cracks me up... something along the line I heard on the news: ... We (whoever) realized the gaff but didn't anticipate services like Google Earth allowing one to be able to notice the configuration ................ didn't we have airplanes and the like wayyyyyyyyyyyy back then ?

Seems to me someone slipped up in order to save a penny in not taking care of the aesthetics when 'it' was first realized... and/or rationalized that the Symbol... a wikipedia reference was of inoffensive root and therefore defensible if one's sensibilities where aroused. Pretty shortsighted IMHO.

Instead of just assuming somebody was a dummy, and without knowing the actual construction history, by just looking at the pic I would guess parts of the building group were added onto. Two of the 'L" sections have a continuous roof, while the other two look like they were rectangular and had the "L" portions added in a second phase. If so, whoever added onto the rectangular buildings may not have had any reason to see the entire site plan from above (high school drafting should kick in ... nope, whatever the overhead view is called ... Plan view? That seems too broad a term but I think it's right).