I Just Ordered My Ipod Touch!

I just ordered my iPod Touch! I'm very excited and I can't wait to review it. I'm a little bummed that it's only 16GB, since I have so much music, but I'll find a way to manage. I mean, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a 160GB iPod Classic... the iPod Touch is just well, I'm sure you know!

I'll let you know how it goes in a full review as soon as I receive it and play around!

By the way, this will be my third iPod, all of which I loved.

B

Congrats, I was toying with the idea of picking one up but I just paid for tuition and that would relegate me to the 8GB one.

I think i'm going to hold off until my 4G iPod bites the dust or a price drop hits before picking up a touch and maybe just get a refurb. shuffle for the gym in the meantime.

Let us know when you get it!

In my honest opinion, its a complete rip off!

I own a 30GB iPod Video, and I do love it. But besides that, I hate Apple.

Come on though, 16GB for 400 dollars?!?!?! You have to be kidding me?

I could have bought a 60GB iPod Video for cheaper than that. If I had paid that, I would have no room at all for my music. Thats no space at all.

Another reason why I hate Apple.

Thats just my 2 cents :matrix:

In my honest opinion, its a complete rip off!

I own a 30GB iPod Video, and I do love it. But besides that, I hate Apple.

Come on though, 16GB for 400 dollars?!?!?! You have to be kidding me?

I could have bought a 60GB iPod Video for cheaper than that. If I had paid that, I would have no room at all for my music. Thats no space at all.

Another reason why I hate Apple.

Thats just my 2 cents :matrix:

The only reason it is so expensive is that it is a multi-touch interface. If you have a lot of music and want to keep it with you at all times then the iPod touch is definitely not for you. The classic is your best bet and for the money and space the prices on it have come down since last gen.

The touch is for people who do not need to have their whole collection with them or who think that having wi-fi and a touch interface is worth more to them than a lot of space especially if developers gte some apps from the iPhone ported over to the touch itself.

I just think it is a little ironic that you hate Apple yet chose to buy their MP3 player instead of a competitors offering...

The touch seems to offer features the video doesn't. **thinks about Wifi on an MP3 player...**

I don't understand what's to hate about Apple. They seem to have expensive products, but hey, can't say they arent good quality.

I burnt through three cheaper Mp3 players before I bought my Nano. So far, the Nano has lasted longer than the other three combined.

Question: has nobody heard of Archos?

I mean ok, yeah, different views, different opinions, but really, why would you spend $400 on a 16GB iPod Touch when you can spend the same amount on an Archos 605 WiFi with 160GB?

I mean is multi-touch and a smaller design really worth it for 10 times less space?

Oh well, I don't mean to bash Apple (well maybe just a tiny bit) but most commonly the only advantage I've found an iPod has ever had over something else of the same type is that it's smaller.

• 1 month later...