So I am receiving my new iMac this Tuesday and I was wondering if any of you had any Tips or Tricks or things to tell me to be aware of about the iMac so I don't do something stupid and mess up the entire computer.

SPECS OF THE IMAC

24" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme

2 GB of RAM

500 GB ATA Hard Drive

SuperDrive 8X(DVD+R DL/DVD+RW)

Final Cut Express preinstalled

NO MODEM

Apple wireless Mighty Mouse

WIRED KYBRD & MAC OS X KIT

COUNTRY KIT

--------------ALSO----------------

Do all the iMac's come with the little controller thing that opens up that front row thingy?

If you already couldn't tell.... YES! this is my first Apple Computer

Congratulations sweet machine. I just picked up a 20".

There is nothing to worry about messing anything up. I would suggest first thing to do is open system preferences and set up your mouse. Then maybe check your display preferences I didn't like the imac profile and am using the adobe RGB setting. Then play with the other preferences to see what they do. Next click on the apple and set the Dock preferences put it where it's best for you.

Remember all app on the mac no matter who makes them has the same menus in the same place. All app preferences can be found by clicking on the app name.

Don't worry about defraging all files under 20 megs are defraged on the fly. The only utility I use is called applejack but it's done in the terminal if your not comfortable with unix terminal use OnyX. As of now there is no need for any anti-spyware or anti-virus.