Thanks for replying ... I had put some ink in before ... when the printer said it was low I refilled it again. This time after refilling I got a message stating that the cartridge was unsupported and I needed a Lemark cartridge which is what I have.

So I take it there is not way to over-ride? :wacko:

Thanks for replying ... I had put some ink in before ... when the printer said it was low I refilled it again. This time after refilling I got a message stating that the cartridge was unsupported and I needed a Lemark cartridge which is what I have.

So I take it there is not way to over-ride? :wacko:

I haven't checked but assuming it is a chipped cartridge there are some stores which take in your cartridge and give you a new refill with a new chip. Then they take yours and do the same thing with it and sell it to someone else. The cost savings isn't over whelming but it is less than buying new. Never thought I'd see a chip I didn't like!

Some chips can only handle 1 or 2 refills also, and then they're toast and you need a new cartridge.

You can't constantly be refilling the same cartridges over & over again, they just don't stand up that long, at least I've never heard of one doing that.

I never use refills anymore anyway, the ink was always garbage for the most part, and it "can" damage your printer in the worst case.

We bought an Epson, Photo 200 (under $100) that has 6 carts, we buy 3 sets of carts (double blacks) for 50-some bucks. Many carts are expensive because they are proprietary and have not only a chip, but the jet print heads too. The Epson has it's heads in the machine. You can even add a "bulk" dispenser that you refill from large bottles for large amounts of printing.

Just my 2 cents for anyone that is looking at a printer.

Edited by bozodog
  • 3 weeks later...