I Start School Tomorrow.

Haha!!! I don't start back until the end of the month for college. Speakin of which, i need to sign up for my classes.

Oh and I just finished my summer session yesterday :P.

Agreed, that is early!!! Thank goodness Michigan schools are getting smart and starting K-12 after Labor Day once again (besides, the month of June is still cold and rainy, kids might as well be in school!)

Just wish the Colleges would adopt the same schedule. Tourist businesses really suffer the last three weeks of August

Liz

Junior year in high school for me was just cruising through the few courses I had remaining for my full credits for graduation. Senior year I only needed English 12 and Gym B). I was mostly occupied with my hot rods, parties and babes when I hit my Junior year.

haha right on terrorist

:matrix:

but yea I'm going to college. not sure when/where/for what yet as I have only talked about it with friends. I was thinking about going to a smaller one like UAB or somethign for the basic stuff then going on from there..

I guess we'll see though.

Steamhead, some advice from a Momma with two kids in College

1. ACT test: If you do lousy, you can re-take it! We're "low income" and Son gets $1250 a year for doing well on the ACT. Daughter missed ACT scholarship by TWO points and I'm still kicking myself for not knowing she could retake the test. $1250/year in free tuition is a lot of money!

2. I don't know what UAB is, but if it is a Community College, YES, go for it! Get those basics out of the way while the basics are still in your head from High School. English 101 is English 101, whether you pay $100 a credit hour or $400 a credit hour and those basic classes are required if you go to a CC or to Harvard. Go to the CC and make sure you get your Associates Degree as it will transfer to a 4 year University better.

Liz

I think American kids should go to school all year around.

**GASP**

Not only would that hurt the economy, that would just plain suck. LOL!!!

Really though, year round schoolin? The chittlins would get burnt out real quick. A long summer break is just needed. IMO :thumbsup:

ehh some places around here are trying out the year-round thing. they have classes for like 4 or so weeks then have like 2 off, then 4 more on the 2 or so off, etc. etc.

..i don't think I'd like that very much. :unsure:

and UAB is University of Alabama at Birmingham.

its not quite a community college but its not a big expensive one either.

I think American kids should go to school all year around.

**GASP**

Not only would that hurt the economy, that would just plain suck. LOL!!!

Really though, year round schoolin? The chittlins would get burnt out real quick. A long summer break is just needed.IMO :thumbsup:

Agreed. We Teachers need a summer break too:-)