Scanning And Printing Problems

Several years ago, before I had my own computer, I used the library for Genealogy research and printing. All printing was free at that time.

I have about 100 plus pages of Genealogy on one family member that I wish to give to someone.

Rather than spend time and money on printing and mailing all the files, I wanted to put them on a cd so they could use ms word or whatever to open them.

I have a Lexmark x75 all in one printer-scanner with WXP. I tried scanning the files and ran into a problem.

I can only save the files, mistake free, in jpeg form. I have tried other settings, notepad-wordpad, but they do not format right. I tried ms works word processor, and most pages end up with what I call gooblygook.

If I scan at a low dpi it does better, but not mistake free. I am not familiar with Word or anything else so I don't know what settings I should use or why it won't scan the page exactly.

Edited by tman70
Several years ago, before I had my own computer, I used the library for Genealogy research and printing. All printing was free at that time.

I have about 100 plus pages of Genealogy on one family member that I wish to give to someone.

Rather than spend time and money on printing and mailing all the files, I wanted to put them on a cd so they could use ms word or whatever to open them.

I have a Lexmark x75 all in one printer-scanner with WXP. I tried scanning the files and ran into a problem.

I can only save the files, mistake free, in jpeg form. I have tried other settings, notepad-wordpad, but they do not format right. I tried ms works word processor, and most pages end up with what I call gooblygook.

If I scan at a low dpi it does better, but not mistake free. I am not familiar with Word or anything else so I don't know what settings I should use or why it won't scan the page exactly.

If you have an AIO(All in One) printer, can't you just copy the pages faster? In the settings for the Scanner part, there should be some other options for HTML/Plain text isn't there?

If you have an AIO(All in One) printer, can't you just copy the pages faster? In the settings for the Scanner part, there should be some other options for HTML/Plain text isn't there?

I want to put the files on the HD in Text form and then burn them to cd as it gets to expensive to print and mail 100 plus files on just one individual.

All other settings give me either an unformated page or an inaccurate page.

I did add ms word to the scanner program, but it still does not scan as an accurate page. Some names and words have other characters instead.

I want to put the files on the HD in Text form and then burn them to cd as it gets to expensive to print and mail 100 plus files on just one individual.

I did add ms word to the scanner program, but it still does not scan as an accurate page. Some names and words have other characters instead.

Have you tried looking for an update for the scanner? Go to it's web site and look for a download to update it.

Have you tried looking for an update for the scanner? Go to it's web site and look for a download to update it.

This is my son's computer.

I have the latest drivers installed. I did that when I changed everything from W98se to his new Compaq with Wxp home.

I added winword.exe to the dropdown list but it still would not scan accurately and at that time I shut it down for about 24 hrs.

When I started it backup it now scans all pages accurately and I was able to save them as word docs.

I guess it was just being tempermental.

Thanks

This is my son's computer.

I have the latest drivers installed. I did that when I changed everything from W98se to his new Compaq with Wxp home.

I added winword.exe to the dropdown list but it still would not scan accurately and at that time I shut it down for about 24 hrs.

When I started it backup it now scans all pages accurately and I was able to save them as word docs.

I guess it was just being tempermental.

Thanks

When a Program doesn't do what it is supposed to do the first thing I do is Shut down and reboot. Printers have the same problems, if it isn't working, reboot.

sounds like it is working 100% to me, there is no such thing as 100% OCR and all OCR software produces errors.

you should be able to fix the errors,

or better yet some software will save as PDF