Bad Parallels Experience......

im not a happy camper right now. im so mad right now. For anyone who have a Mac and use Boot Camp, dont even buy Paralells. Surely it will run fine but when you uninstall it.... good luck trying to get to Window. Im having huge issue with it and now i just posted help at Paralells forum trying to get my Window back.

Here what i posted in Paralells forum

Anyway, i got a boxed version of Parallels in Frys store. it a 2.0 version. I installed Paralells and ready to boot up Boot Camp, but i got a beach ball of death and decided to force quit it. Then i uninstalled Paralells and decided it have some bugs. So i restart my Macbook Pro and went to Boot Camp, then while booting, i got some error saying hal.dll is missing. So i restart and went to boot option, and found out Paralells Configuration is the first to boot. At that moment, i was puzzled and wonder why this happen, i mean i already uninstalled Paralells and should erase it own version of boot.ini, so i told it to boot Window Xp Home, and it went to boot it. Then i have to bring up msconfig.exe and told use selective booting to boot Window Xp first. because there is no way to delete Paralells Configuration from my boot.ini.

So today, i decided to reisntall and give it a second try. Then after installing and got a update. still on 2.0 version. Then i finally boot up window just fine but issue i have to activite it.... and it need the key. so im not in the mood for that and decided to uninstall Paralells and shove the box in the back of the closet and decided it never existed. then i reboot to Window. i was wrong..... Paralells did took my Boot Camp partition hostage, i got some error pop up saying im missing some .dll, so it more than one .dll file im missing. so i decide to boot it to safe mode, it still got the same error.

Paralells is great but uninstalling Paralells and booting to Boot Camp will make it worse for you. Im surprise the way this happening. im amazed this is happening. Why Paralells cant put it back to normal, i mean remove it own boot.ini and put it back the normal boot.ini and leave my .dll files alone. the Reason why i decide to install Paralells again because im waiting for the download, it huge 2GB file and i want to go back to OSX. so that why i do it, but it make matter worse and im not in the mood for it.

Im not sure what to do at this point, should i reinstall my paratition again? i thought i can run safe mode and use sfc.exe (System File Checking) to reinstall my .dll back. but it wont let me boot to safe mode because dll is missing. so anyone have a thought what to do, im still awaiting response from Paralells

Edited by DarkestDream

Never mind about everything, im going to send this Macbook Pro back to Apple Store to get it repair. i already got a issue with eject button not responding to OSX, Boot Camp refused to see Window Xp there (even the XP CD is already in the drive and it on my desktop), the burner refuse to burn media files but can burn anything than a media files (more specific to mp3).

And my Warranty is about to expire soon next month or Aug, so i really have to send this today, right away.

I suspect it a logic board issue. so hopefully they think it a logic board issue and can replace it for free. reason why i said free because.... the dent i made on my MAcbook Pro, i drop the macbook by mistake, i thought it on the floor but it didnt after the dog jump on me and i drop it..... sigh. so the dent could expire my warranty and applecare which im so concerned.

Edited by DarkestDream

I had a eject button issue on my powerbook it turned out a freeware app I was using remapped the eject button. I got rid of the app and the problem went away also.

Also check this apple doc.305268.

Or reset the PRAM, Shut the computer off. Start up holding the option, command,R and P keys down when you hear three chime sounds let go of the keys. It should boot and the eject will work if it is just a mapping problem.

I had a eject button issue on my powerbook it turned out a freeware app I was using remapped the eject button. I got rid of the app and the problem went away also.

Also check this apple doc.305268.

Or reset the PRAM, Shut the computer off. Start up holding the option, command,R and P keys down when you hear three chime sounds let go of the keys. It should boot and the eject will work if it is just a mapping problem.

my macbook is in Apple Store for repairs. need to replace the optical drive.

Yes, i done those things, even i reinstall OSX, i wipe my HDD clean and clean install OSX, the eject button still have issue. must be related to optical drive.

Or possible it was World of Warcraft, everytime you play it, WOW remapped the entire Expose keymapping. possible WOw did remapped the eject button, but i cant find the eject keybinding in keyboard option in Preference Pane.

So hopefully, when i get my macbook back, the eject button will works. if not, then i will request Apple to replace the logic board, could be logic board issue since i dropped the macbook on the hardware floor by mistake because my dog jump on me....

I am confused, it was not until version 3.0 that they supported booting from a boot camp partition, also since there is no traditional BIOS on a Mac Book, boot camp replaces the traditional boot.ini and parallels just adds lines to it, so why could you not use a text editor, booting from a xp cd to edit the boot.ini?

and why is it paralles falut that 2.0 did not do something it was not meant to do?

also the errors you are reporting look a lot like the error people get on vmware when they try to boot windows that was installed on a real partition, and then try to boot in a VM. Windows self destructs for some reason, and a lot of work is needed so windows does not now the difference.