Come On.....admit It!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... here is the mental process I go through each time I have to decide if it is right or left:

I recall a memory of an intersection from when I was 9 years old ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I learned left from right in grammar school so I always had to picture the gymnasium; the office on the left, the girls gym on the right.

I wonder when I stopped doing that? It had to be only recently (and I'm fifty!).

Confessions:

1) I have such poor memory I have had to become obsessive compulsive in order to survive (keys go here , papers go here , etc.). If things aren't where they belong I will never see them again 'cause I won't remember where to find them. Family and friends think I'm OC but actually, I have no short-term memory.

2) I am a s-l-o-w learner. I'm considered intelligent but few know how hard I have to work to learn anything at all. In school other students would groan as I relentlessly interrogated the teacher trying to figure out what they had just learned without any trouble whatsoever. Thank God for patient teachers.

My mind simply has to have the facts presented in a particular way in order to grasp the meaning of something (I haven't figured out what 'particular way' is necessary). You could explain something to me a thousand times in a hundred ways and I'd be like :blink: , then someone else might present the same facts to me in a slightly different manner and THAT would suddenly make it all clear.

Put another way, I learn by "revelation." A sudden, total understanding of the subject.

3) Due to some unfortunate aspects of my upbringing I must play "the Devil's advocate." I have to point out the other side to everything, whether or not I actually believe there's any validity to that side. Say something and I will, if not stopped, go on and on; "Yeah, but this-and-that," and, "don't forget such-and-such."

It annoys the hell out of some people 'cause they think I am simply being disagreeable. Others either don't mind or make use of it. They might run things by me because they know I will thoroughly investigate every possibility, every option, every possible outcome. Some know it's a character flaw of sorts, others just think I'm thorough. I'm not thorough, I just HATE it when someone makes a decision or comes to a conclusion (or a belief!) but does not have all the facts straight (which may give a clue as to the trauma that led me to be this way -- long story).

I'm not thorough, I just HATE it when someone makes a decision or comes to a conclusion (or a belief!) but does not have all the facts straight (which may give a clue as to the trauma that led me to be this way -- long story).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to have this need, I am able to overcome it most of the time. Wanting to stay married will do that to a guy...:)

BH

I used to have this need, I am able to overcome it most of the time.  Wanting to stay  married will do that to a guy...:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah! :lol:

I'm no longer married, just to put your point in perspective. Any attempt to "allow" inaccuracies on my part always came across as condescending (as was my intent -- whether that was a good or the right thing to do or not).

I guess there's been enough of the Ms Fae jokes, so I won't go there after all....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh.........come on. Please.....I can handle 1(or several) more. haha........I can't think of anyone more deserving. Please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

Oh.........come on. Please.....I can handle 1(or several) more. haha........I can't think of anyone more deserving. Please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many MisFae's would it take to screw in a lightbulb?

13, 1 to do it and 12 to ban people on the net who were talking about it.

BH :D

Edited by Brian_Holiday
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm ...

1) In real life I'm actually a nice person.

2) I dropped out of high school. (got into college purely on GED and SAT scores)

3) Between the ages of 13 and 17 I probably committed on average one felony a week. (not including drug use)

Jdoors, right there with ya on the memory thing. It took years to develop the habits to cope with it, but I find it comforting most of the time. It's nearly impossible to get stressed out when you have memory issues.

Edited by CataclysmCow
hmmm ...

1)  In real life I'm actually a nice person.

2)  I dropped out of high school.  (got into college purely on GED and SAT scores)

3)  Between the ages of 13 and 17 I probably committed on average one felony a week. (not including drug use)

Jdoors, right there with ya on the memory thing.  It took years to develop the habits to cope with it, but I find it comforting most of the time.  It's nearly impossible to get stressed out when you have memory issues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Atleast you are able to share your experiences with us...but watch out for the FBI techgirls...

... Jdoors, right there with ya on the memory thing.  It took years to develop the habits to cope with it, but I find it comforting most of the time.  It's nearly impossible to get stressed out when you have memory issues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

I like your positive outlook on the subject!

"I'm worried about bills, wait, do I have any due? Do what? Oh, look, the sun's glinting off the dew on the grass, that's pretty. I should cut the grass today, gotta wait for the dew to evaporate ... wait? What was I waiting for? ... "

I should probably change the "committed" in "3) Between the ages of 13 and 17 I probably committed on average one felony a week. (not including drug use)" to something along the lines of "charged with".  I should probably toss in the fact that I'm 30 now too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dang! No supervision? I guess you can blame that on puberty, since you stopped before adulthood.

I knew someone who admitted he committed 435 felonies in one year, and got caught for a single offense. For that he got 17 years (he killed a cop). The rest of his offenses weren't kid stuff either. I wonder what the ratio the average professional criminal maintains. Personally I think it needs to be taken into account during sentencing. Last I heard, 10% of the criminals commit 90% of the crime. We should identify then and lockem' up, for a long, long time. Then maybe we could feel safe going into the city for dinner once in a while.

BH

Edited by Brian_Holiday