What Are You Listening To Right Now?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know The Stones covered I'm a King Bee (but I SHOULD have known -- sheesh). Cool.

I wanted to listen to Snow Patrol & also grabbed others nearby; Pink, Pink Floyd and Rabbit In The Moon (nearly grabbed Race The Sun, but didn't).

The stones have remade so many classic blues songs, and they did a great job at it. Robert Johnson was said to be one of their big influences.

currently listening to Robert Johnson's "love in vain" (also remade by the stones)

Some new purchases:

Johnny Cash, Personal File (An unbelieveable collection of private recordings).

Keb' Mo'

The Killers

Led Zeppelin, III

------

Since my current addiction is to look up artists on YouTube, I searched for Keb' Mo' and found hundreds of relevant videos (which surprised me, I didn't know he was that well known). One particularly interesting one from a PBS program honoring Muddy Waters has (very) brief appearances by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards (relevant since we were discussing The Stones, the blues, etc.). Longish at nearly ten minutes:

Edited by JDoors

Thanks for the youtube link. That was a great remake. Their is something about the blues that just makes me feel good. As a young kid(stoner), I was slowly growing to love the blues by listening to bands like Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones. It was not until I was older I appreciated the blues influence those bands absorbed.

Edited by shanenin
a little ac/dc

[youtube video]

Now if that don't sound like a standard blues song I don't know what does. Is it a remake? All I think of when I think of AC/DC is "Back in Black," and an ex-roommates dynamite stereo blasting it to high heaven (I've never been fan enough to own anything by them).

I also got a somewhat tangential appreciation of the blues while growing up (more via Janis Joplin, I only remember the more intense rock songs of The Stones and Led Zeppelin). However I did grow up in Chicago, a short walk from some blues joints. I was too young to enter but along with the smell of smoke and liquor there was always the sound of the blues wafting out into the street.

The last live performance I've been to was B.B. King (a high-point of my life, now if I can just see Koko Taylor I can die happy).

Twinkle Little Stars and London Bridges!!!!

OMG,

Metallica? AC/DC? G N' R? Ozzy?

Where the hell are yea's? I need to hear some music!!!

:( ... :P;)

Just kidding, I love watching my kids dance and sing to their music!!!

Someday soon I hope they start dancing and singing to better music but hey, what can yea do?...lol...hahahahaha!!!

... I love watching my kids dance and sing to their music!!!

Someday soon I hope they start dancing and singing to better music but hey, what can yea do?...lol...hahahahaha!!!

Oh boy, you really don't understand how this works? By the time they have their own music preferences you are REQUIRED to hate it! It's in the Daddy Laws. :lol:

I don't know what you are talkin about. Half of my musical interest came from my parents. Then again they seem to hate the other half (The prog metal, Euro-beat, and Jpop/rock). I got liking rock, alternative, grunge, and metal from the 60's-90's (Rush, Led Zepplin, The Who, AC/DC, Nirvana etc.) and similar sounding things (such as Poets of the Fall, a more recent band from Finland) from them. My taste for progressive metal (Pagan's Mind, Queensryche, Dream Theater, etc.) came from my brother. He introduced me to all of that. The Jpop/Jrock and Euro-beat/Dance/Trance or whatever just came outta left field. I just randomly heard some that stuff and liked it.

Right now I'm listening to the cold air from the new A/C unit come out of the vents. My Music got my "pulled over" today. I was just about to get to my driveway. I was at an intersection and I looked over and saw a motorcycle cop with some one pulled over. He motioned for me to come over there. The other vehicle left and he just asked me turn my radio down a little. Phew, scared the crap outta me. Of course he made me turn where I'd normally go straight (cause about 20 feet past this intersection is my damn driveway) so I had to go around the block and come back to get home. Really nice cop though. I actually chatted with him a little before leavin. It'd be nice if all cops were that nice.

Ok I'm bout to listen to:

Maximum the Hormone - Kuso Breakin' No Breakin' Lili <--This actually what I was listenin to when the above happened :P

Edited by Honda_Boy
I don't know what you are talkin about. Half of my musical interest came from my parents. ...

... a motorcycle cop ... motioned for me to come over ... and he just asked me turn my radio down a little. ...

It was a joke. Parents usually hate the music their teens listen to.

A cop asked you to turn down the volume ... :angry2:

An oldie by Frankie Ford/Sea Cruise.

Walk Like a Man/Four Season

Songs like that ... I don't even know how I know them. It's not like I was cruisin' to the malt shop in my '57 Chevy at the time.

Makes me ask the question: What's the FIRST 'pop' song you vividly remember hearing, the first one you had an OPINION on?

I vaguely remember hearing some girl groups, maybe songs like Walk Like A Man, but they were kinda background noise. It wasn't until I heard The Beatles I Wanna Hold Your Hand that I actually THOUGHT about a song (I hated it: I wanna hold your hand, I wanna hold your hand, I wanna hold your hand ... WHAT THE ... ?!?). :rolleyes:

Oh, and I finally got the back-ordered Led Zeppelin II, so that's what I'm listenin' to now. In another forum someone asked the question what's the best LZ song and after listening to II I'd have to suggest Thank You as being right up there.

In another forum someone asked the question what's the best LZ song and after listening to II I'd have to suggest Thank You as being right up there.

Whole Lotta Love rocks too:-)

post-92-1186176072_thumb.jpg

I didn't even open the "Best LZ song" thread because that'd be like saying which of your children you love the most. It's an unanswerable question.

Today: Billy Joel, Greatest Hits Volume I & II

Some highlights:

Piano Man

New York State of Mind

The Stranger

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant

Just The Way You Are

Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)

Only The Good Die Young

My Life

You May Be Right

It's Still Rock And Roll To Me

Don't Ask Me Why

Tell Her About It

Uptown Girl

The video for Uptown Girl has stuck with me all these years (mmmmm ... Cindy Crawford .... ahhhhahhhah)