What Are You Listening To Right Now?

There's a theme here, can you guess what it is? :

Backstreet Boys

Boy George and Culture Club

Cher

David Bowie

kd lang

Turn on our gaydar? :rolleyes:

Hey irregularjoe! What piece was she playing?

i forgot to say what i'm listening to! Holiday Road ...Fleetwood Mac..Family Vacation is on!

"Hey irregularjoe! What piece was she playing?"

Hanon's Virtuoso Pianist practice scales.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Backstreet Boys

Cher

David Bowie

kd lang

i forgot to say what i'm listening to! Holiday Road ...Fleetwood Mac..Family Vacation is on!

Lucky man..To hear piano playing in your home. We had a piano when we were kids. i miss it sometimes!

Oh music today.. i've been listening to

Kento Masuda's music ! Trees is my favorite. But "Time" has great piano!

And JDoor ... i listen to all the music you listed!

Backstreet Boys

Cher

David Bowie

kd lang

Lucky man..To hear piano playing in your home. We had a piano when we were kids. i miss it sometimes!

Oh music today.. i've been listening to

Kento Masuda's music ! Trees is my favorite. But "Time" has great piano!

And JDoor ... i listen to all the music you listed!

Lucky indeed. She's very good. Has a Master's Degree in Piano Performance. We have a beautiful Baby Grand.

She's playing it now again tonight. Some accompaniment pieces that she's working on for a singer friend.

all of these next songs are by kukui

Hikari no Rasenritsu

Utsutsu no Yume

Atem

Arukana

Shiro to Aka

Kamp

They all go together I think. They are supposed to have a lot classicish German/Western influence since the anime the first song is from has a lot of German stuff in it (Rozen Maiden). It's still classified as Jpop but with in that I don't know what to classify it as.

Now:

Hasimoto Miyuki - Moonlight Labyrinth

The Art of Noise

Daft Punk

The Magic Numbers

Morcheeba

Sort of a "novelty songs" theme.

listening to Morcheeba right now JD.. "the sea"..That is if i'm on the right page..Sound like something of Morcheeba? First time for me! Great sounds!

Man..i keep forgetting to offer a song..... If I Came Back As a Song-Barnaby Bright!

Edited by echobay

" Lucky indeed. She's very good. Has a Master's Degree in Piano Performance. We have a beautiful Baby Grand.

She's playing it now again tonight. Some accompaniment pieces that she's working on for a singer friend."

Where's that envy icon? :D Baby Grand ? You have to record her joe.. You just have to! ok i sound bossy now. Stopping. Do you have any samples of her playing?

Na, there's no English version as far as I know. If there was, I'm pretty sure it'd be in the same single. I know Euphoric Field by ELISA has both a Japanese version and an English version in the ef - a tale of memories OP single (I listen to the English version since the anime uses the English version instead of the Japanese version).

Not listening to anything except the TV. The next thing I'll probably hear is the TV version of Naraku no Hana by Shimamiya Eiko , the OP for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. That's probably the next thing I'll watch.

Led Zeppelin , self-titled first release through Houses Of The Holy (depending on how long it takes to finish up here).

... D'yer Maker .. where's my lighter? Holding it up now! Heh .. Yeah vinyl! Hey didn't you feel a lil robbed when the actual title song wasn't on the album?

Na, there's no English version as far as I know. If there was, I'm pretty sure it'd be in the same single. I know Euphoric Field by ELISA has both a Japanese version and an English version in the ef - a tale of memories OP single (I listen to the English version since the anime uses the English version instead of the Japanese version).

Not listening to anything except the TV. The next thing I'll probably hear is the TV version of Naraku no Hana by Shimamiya Eiko , the OP for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. That's probably the next thing I'll watch.

Have you finished your paper on Chernobyl ? i'm going down the list of songs you posted now.

Song..i keep forgetting to say the song.. Pink - Just Like a Pill!

Edited by echobay

Yes, I've long since finished my Chernobyl paper. I have to read a Farewell to Arms for another class tonight (or at least part of it, the test is a week away). Thank god for PinkMonkey.com. CLiff notes and summaries. That's how I read Brave New World and got an A on the test.

If you want, I can give you my whole list of J music. Really the easiest way to find them is to look up the anime they belong to with the word nipponsei (the group that finds and releases them) on torrent sites like Mininova or Tokyo Toshokan.

Yes, I've long since finished my Chernobyl paper. I have to read a Farewell to Arms for another class tonight (or at least part of it, the test is a week away). Thank god for PinkMonkey.com. CLiff notes and summaries. That's how I read Brave New World and got an A on the test.

If you want, I can give you my whole list of J music. Really the easiest way to find them is to look up the anime they belong to with the word nipponsei (the group that finds and releases them) on torrent sites like Mininova or Tokyo Toshokan.

i don't brave the torrent /sharing very much. But thanks for that info HB. If you get a minute and don't mind c&p your list i'd like to see what i can find at YT though. i've been listening the genre since i first had a listen on Final Fantasy. He he i've heard of cliff notes ( actually use to by the books when i went to school ). But Pink Monkey sounds like some thing my 16 yr old might be interested in! :blush: i know..i know.. Bad mom! But i see the load you all are carrying now days.They do help out some of the thicker reading! Thanks again HB!

well, I gotta write the list first. You can actually watch a lot of the anime OP/ED's on YouTube too (the short versions). I have a lot of them on my MySpace but I need to change a lot of them since most are from the summer season and many of the vids have been deleted. I know some full versions are on there too. I've even seen the actual music videos of Kosaka Riyu's Danzai no Hana and Maximum the Hormone's Buiiki Kaesu!!

Not listening to anything right now. I'm in a lab.

Edited by Honda_Boy
... D'yer Maker .. where's my lighter? Holding it up now! Heh .. Yeah vinyl! Hey didn't you feel a lil robbed when the actual title song wasn't on the album?

It's on Physical Graffiti for some reason. Same goes for Brain Salad Surgery by Emerson, Lake & Palmer , the song by that name's on another album altogether (Works , I think). Those dang hippies! :lol:

Still finishing up that line-up today.

Not listening to anything but I have a song stuck in my head

Kadowaki Mai & Sawashiro Miyuk - Yubikiri (OP for Goushuusho-sama Ninomia-Kun, this song is a prime example of Japanese Idol Pop portrayed in anime along with the ED song by the same 2 girls)

Edited by Honda_Boy

Again, not actually listening to anythiing rather, i have another song stuck in my head:

KAORI - Tears Infection

I might listen to some of this stuff before speech class if I get the chance. Otherwise, I'll probably just be talkin to Adam and James. I'll listen to them in the car when I leave (yes I listen to my J music in the car too, I actually know a lot of people who do)

Komine Lisa - FAITH (English version of Uchuu ni Saku, both version are used for Rental Magica's OP ep 1-5 used the Japanese version while 7 to current use the english, 6 didn't have an op)

Poets of the Fall - Lift (Not Japanese, Finnish band, Australian Label, $28 import CD, in English)

up next is probably the rest of the Signs of Life Album by Poets of the Fall

Next Song: Overboard then Late Goodbye