What Are You Listening To Right Now?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The quiet hum of a brand new PC's fans.

Oh man is this new one quieter. Passive Heatpipe motherboard cooling, 4 larger but quieter fans (3 120mm and 1 200mm set at low speed vs. noisy twin 80mm fans with no speed control), larger more efficient heatsink and fan with heatpipes and properly functioning AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Technology. Nice.

By the way, new PC = Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor (old: Athlon 64 3500+ Venice), 4GB DDR2 800 RAM (old: 1GB DDR 400), 320GB SATA300 HDD (old: 250GB SATA300 + 80GB ATA133) and adding another 250GB later, everything else is a reuse from the old rig, namely the twin GeForce 7600GT's, the 450W PSU and one of the DVD-ROM drives. It's temporary until I can afford to replace all the old parts. Still it's friggin sweet.

Anyway, I'm about to listen to the short TV Edit of: Access - Doubt & Trust

In other words, I'm about to go watch an episode of D.Gray-Man.

• 3 weeks later...

found some CD's in a drawer in one of my desks (used to be my brother's)

Bush - Everything Zen

earlier I listened to:

Bush - Machine Head

Bush - Glycerine

Love Dolores.

I was at a freestyle bike demo last summer and all of a sudden that song started blasting. Then a bunch of kids held up signs that said" You Got Rick Rolled". Didn't think of it much until I heard it on a TwiT podcast.

Listening to Stone Sour.

Paradise Lunch - Gun's & Roses (no idea where there's an apostrophe in Gun's but there is)

This is pretty cool. It's an all female Japanese Jazz band.

been listenin to a lot here the last coupla hours but don't feel like listing it all :P

Itou Kanako - ivy

Lisa Komine - FAITH

KOTOKO - BLAZE

KOTOKO - Sociometry

I'm thinkin Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos after this :thumbsup:

... I'm thinkin Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos after this :thumbsup:

ALWAYS a good choice! :thumbsup:

First, Traffic, The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys, now the radio, currently The Rolling Stones' Midnight Rambler.

They're really big on The Rolling Stones lately since the release of their concert film.

-----

Edited by JDoors
  • 2 weeks later...

Caramell - Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix)

huge AMV craze with this song. It's actually in Swedish but if you look up Caramelldansen on Youtube, you'll get mostly anime videos using the Speedycake Remix.

Between The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea sung by Mel Torme

Wow. What a ... random ... selection.

The Chemical Brothers, We Are The Night

Includes the "novelty" song, The Salmon Dance, with ... The Beat Boxing Puffer fish!

"Wow. What a ... random ... selection."

Huh? What do you mean? It's what was playing at the time I wrote it. Random?

Back to the format:

Charlie Rose on PBS via Tivo.

Caramell - Caramelldansen Speedycake Remix......... again. Man this is an addicting song. I don't like the original version but I love the Speedycake Remix so much.

Also that Salmon Dance song up there is awesome. I've watched it a ton now. Just wish i had an MP3 of it.