What Are You Listening To Right Now?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basie Jam 2 with Count Basis, Joe Pass, Louis Bellson. Good ol classical jazz. :matrix:

That sounds great, Hitest. You know that Ella also sang with those guys?

Yep. I saw Count Basie and his band, Joe Pass, Oscar Peterson and Ella Fitzgerald in Vancouver, BC Canada; they appeared together. What a show! That was back in the early 80s. :thumbsup:

Basie Jam 2 with Count Basis, Joe Pass, Louis Bellson. Good ol classical jazz. :matrix:

That sounds great, Hitest. You know that Ella also sang with those guys?

Yep. I saw Count Basie and his band, Joe Pass, Oscar Peterson and Ella Fitzgerald in Vancouver, BC Canada; they appeared together. What a show! That was back in the early 80s. :thumbsup:

What a show indeed!

Back to listening now:

J.S. Bach Partitas 5 & 6. Played by Wolfgang Rubsom

I'm in a Bach mood lately.

WQXR-FM New York City (classical)

I'm listenening to a live FAST stream over the internet via my laptop and my new Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS pcmcia sound card on headphones.

Sounds incredible! And the headphones are nothing special. Can't wait until I get good ones!

It's amazing how the internet has changed something as mundane as listening to radio.

The signal I'm getting is about 1000% better than the over the air signal I used to get when I lived 30 miles out of the city. Now I live 2500 miles away and it's flawless.

I love it! :D

As I mentioned previously the CD/DVD player in my computer died, so I brought in the boombox. The CD player in the boombox died. THAT didn't take long. :angry2:

I have bad luck with electronics.

Anyway: The radio.

Until THAT dies too. :angry:

That sucks! Maybe it's time for a hand cranked victrola? :D

As far as a connection, I have Cox Cable. I use a Buffalo wireless router for the laptop. It's an older laptop. 1800 mHz P4 Intel Dell Inspiron w/ 1536 megs of Ram.

I don't use more than one other program while listening to internet radio. Word, usually. I doubt that Photoshop would run well with anything else running.

Back to listening now: Brahms Symphony #1 via the XM Radio signal that DirecTV throws into the package I have.

Edited by irregularjoe