Fastest Internet Provider?

hey everyone im new to this website, just found it today. I am moving to orlando very soon and im interested in getting the best internet service possible, well without paying a lot of money. I have Comcast right now in south florida and its pretty good but the upload speed is not that great its about 350k with download around 4.2 mb. i usually use my internet a lot for playing xbox 360 on xbox live and upload speeds affect hosting and such, so im looking for an internet service that has very good upload speeds. thanks if anyone can help me out ! Justin

hey everyone im new to this website, just found it today. I am moving to orlando very soon and im interested in getting the best internet service possible, well without paying a lot of money. I have Comcast right now in south florida and its pretty good but the upload speed is not that great its about 350k with download around 4.2 mb. i usually use my internet a lot for playing xbox 360 on xbox live and upload speeds affect hosting and such, so im looking for an internet service that has very good upload speeds. thanks if anyone can help me out ! Justin

Hello,

Go to broadband reports and type in your zip code.

Also, welcome to Besttechie :)

Edited by Bubba Bob

thanks bubba for the website ill go look now and garmanma, i really have no idea whats avail there but there might be some that i have never heard of that are here even so hopefully i can find out .

im looking at the page bubba put on here and im finding some reviews pretty helpful stuff but i have one question, when they say i have a 10/1 service does that mean 10 mbps download and 1mbps upload thanks guys

Justin

Edited by sharno

well im going to be living in 32792 which is winter park FL the zip code sections to the east and south of me are orlando so its kinda weird lol thanks for your help, i found some like road runner or comcast which is what i have now. but maybe you can find better ones. i would like to be over 800mb upload at least

thanks Justin

AT&T DSL Bear in mind that this connection is shared in a 54-room hotel with the front desk as well as any guests that may be bogging down the network, though the transfer rates don't surprise me. I have had nothing but bad experience with AT&T/SBC in this area.

124718744.png

alright, just plugged the laptop into the switch and got a different result...

124719315.png

I'm starting to think it's a good thing we're about to upgrade the wireless for administrative use.

Edited by diaperbaby
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But bored has no limits, interesting thread with speed the normal person has.

Country living pays a heavy price at $ 84 each for both Hughes and Wild Blue satellite equals $168 monthly, imagine that !

475mb Hughes daily or 17gb monthly with WB. and/or pay the FAP price or live with throttled down to dial up speed...

aaWBcomedyact.png

aatmnhughes.png

Edited by marsh_0x