Microsoft Admits Vista Failure

... It had a crappy 28.8 mwave dial-up modem........the worst Internet experience you can imagine, lol.

Hey, I started with a 300 baud modem. Does that translate into 0.3K?

'Course it was all (DOS) text back then, so it was faster than my DSL is now.

... It had a crappy 28.8 mwave dial-up modem........the worst Internet experience you can imagine, lol.

Hey, I started with a 300 baud modem. Does that translate into 0.3K?

'Course it was all (DOS) text back then, so it was faster than my DSL is now.

My slowest modem was a 9600 baud modem that was useful for downloading e-mail on my Windows 3.1 units.

I remember when a web browser (Netscape 1.0) would fit on a floppy disk. :D Netscape had its heyday with Netscape 3.04 and then along came IE.

My slowest modem was a 9600 baud modem that was useful for downloading e-mail on my Windows 3.1 units.

I remember when a web browser (Netscape 1.0) would fit on a floppy disk. :D Netscape had its heyday with Netscape 3.04 and then along came IE.

That was back in my upgrade-aholic days (discussed elsewhere) so I went through; 300, 2400, 9600, 24k (I think) then the 56k. Was there a faster one? Anyway, then "acceleration" (and I remember all the controversy over that, "it does nothing" they'd say, while I noticed great improvement). Stuck with that forever before DSL came down in price to equal dial-up. Still waiting for direct fiber-optic (which'll blow my mind I'm sure).

That was back in my upgrade-aholic days (discussed elsewhere) so I went through; 300, 2400, 9600, 24k (I think) then the 56k. Was there a faster one? Anyway, then "acceleration" (and I remember all the controversy over that, "it does nothing" they'd say, while I noticed great improvement). Stuck with that forever before DSL came down in price to equal dial-up. Still waiting for direct fiber-optic (which'll blow my mind I'm sure).

Yeah, I loved it when I finally got DSL, I love the speed of broadband. Direct fiber-optic! That sounds cool, is that like a T1 or something? Is that going to be pricey? :D

In my neck of the woods (literally) we have been talking about getting some kind of broadband, but no one will install it, too expensive, not enough homes I guess.

So now we are talking about wireless high speed internet. I don't know anything about wireless high speed internet.It has to be better than dial-up. Anything is better. :rolleyes: